CRAZY STUPID HEART

He winks at me still with a stupid smile on his face which outrages me! Before I have the time to tell him off the doors open. Damn it! I stand up and give him my hand to help him stand up. He looks at me with a smirk on his face before he takes it. He leans in front and grabs my helmet.

"You should never forget this."

He passes it to me gently. I take it in my arms and start taping my fingers on the glass. I feel like I have to say something but no word makes sense. As we get to the lobby the snobby receptionist is still there eyeing Nathan while she completely ignores my existence. Nathan waves at her goodnight and stays next to me. I feel kinda flattered that he ignores such a woman for me...

"Do you feel ok? Should I call a taxi?" He looks at me worried.

"Yeah I'm fine now, don't worry. I just hate being trapped. I don't care if I'm trapped in a box, or a mansion as long as I am." I shrug.

"Where have you parked?"

"Company's underground parking..."

"Great, I'm coming with you and then you can go home."

"I'm ok you know, you can really go home now." I look at him confidently.

"I won't until I take you there."

He makes me feel so tiny when he leans towards me... I take a deep breath and sigh while I nod in acceptance of his proposition. As we walk towards the garage I can't help it but ask him why he has been avoiding me.

"I haven't been avoiding you. I wasn't feeling myself lately that's why I didn't talk much." He says while staring the road. For some reason I feel that he is lying to me...

"I understand. Well, I can't wait to see you at your concert at Friday night!"

"What? How do you... Emily!" He laughs as he shakes his head. I look at him puzzled. Doesn't he want me to go?

"If you don't want me to come, I won't. Just say it."

"When did I say I didn't want you to come?" He looks at me confused.

"Well your reaction was kinda lame if you do want me there..." I raise my eyebrow and look at him intensely.

"Oh come on, of course I want you there!" He bites his lip as the words slip his mouth. I smile big and turn towards him.

"Then I'll gladly be there" I wink at him playfully.

On our way to the parking lot I was bombarding him with questions about his band. He told me that he only joins them when they want to have a special guest. I was almost begging him to sing something to me but he kept refusing. I quote his exacts words "If you want to take a glimpse of me you must come see me yourself."

Cocky man is back to his ordinary self! A few minutes later we're standing in front of my motorbike.

"Well that's my baby." I say almost in a whisper while I look at Beast.

"That's a really beautiful motorbike." I see Nathan's face trying to form a smile but instead his face distorts as if he has seen something really unpleasant happening in front of his eyes.

"Are you ok? Something's wrong?" I look at him puzzled.

"No, I'm fine. I got to go. I'll see you tomorrow." He almost left running leaving me behind trying to understand what happened. So strange...

On my way home I find my self drifting back to the elevator. Is it possible that him, a man who can have any girl he desires to be so gentle and sweet? I try to focus on the road but my heart starts accelerating as if I was still in his arms. His heartbeat was so calming... His arms so comforting. I'm staring on the road trying to concentrate as hard as possible but his image holding me flashes in front of my eyes almost every time I blink. Eventually I have to get on the side of the road to clean my thoughts before I start driving again.