NOT A PARTY ANIMAL

A few moments later I'm finally in my garage. I take off my helmet and put it on a shelf so carefully as if it was made of pure crystal. I observe my bike carefully while taking off my skirt and putting on my pants. I grab the bags with the food and start running upon the stairs. I unlock carefully the door of my apartment when I hear Angus barking behind Adam's door.

 A few seconds later his door unlocks and Angus storms outside, jumping on me. At least one of us had a good day! I stretch to put the bags on the counter when Angus drops me flat on my butt, giving Adam a good laugh. I turn around looking displeased at him. Trying to support myself on the door handle, I manage to get up slowly sighing when Angus puts his head on my thighs asking to be petted.

"Hey Adam! Where do you want to have dinner? My place or yours?" I try to give him a smile since my day was not his fault.

"Anywhere you wish." He smiles warmly. I like how easy going Adam is. Some times all you need is a good friend and some light chatting.

"Come on in then." I close the door behind Adam and run towards the closet while he looks at me curiously.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine! I just had an accident with some coffee and I need to change my t- shirt." I grab my LinkinPark shirt and rush to the bathroom.

"Dinner is served!" I howl while I place the food on the coffee table as if I was some kind of maitre.

"Wow you shouldn't have! Everything looks delicious!" He says mockingly while he grabs a fry.

"Stop messing with me, you have no clue what I have gone through to get those."

Adam looks at me puzzled.

"What happened? Everything ok?" His concern is touching, in time he'll learn to deal with my sense of humor.

"I had to fight a dragon... And a witch." I say seriously while I nod my head.

"No kidding! Now you're making me feel bad! I would have never send you alone to such a quest if I knew. I am truly sorry Milady!" His eyes sparkle while he searches for mine.

"Worry not, my fellow knight! For I will send you to another one, another time!" I take a fry and put it up in the air pretending it's a sword. Adam laughs at my acting and he takes a fry, excuse me, sword, to touch mine!

In New York it seems that time has no actual meaning. This very moment the clock might say it's morning, five minutes later it's midnight. That could either be a pain in the ass when you're having a good time or a savior if your day was a crappy one. A few minutes later after we're done dining with Adam my phone rings.

"Hello?" I let a giggle out to a joke Adam was telling me.

"What's so funny lover?"

"Emily! My little friend how are you?"

"Are you with your new boyfriend? Having a good time?" She asks mischievously.

"Yes, we're having a good time. You have greetings from Adam. As for the other question, I'll show you tomorrow at work!" A hint of threat on my voice.

"Boo- hoo I'm so scared!"

"What do you want trouble?" I laugh a bit to my crazy friend.

"We're going to a club named ' Crystal ' in two hours with some friends and I want you to join me. You can bring your pet with you." I'm caught on, on Emily's joke and I answer sharply.