BAD DECISIONS

"This was like a last minute college assignment, wasn't it?" I laugh

"Yes, yes it was! I'm really glad you were here!" Emily squeezes my hand with her little palm, finally relieved again.

"Ok, I got to go my little ballerina. Adam's waiting for his cheeseburger." I roll my eyes playfully.

"Oh?! Adam's getting a cheeseburger and I get nothing?!"

"Shut up you! I've promised him some lunch... Well, now dinner! He helped me with Angus and also was very understanding for me leaving him once again..."

"You love him more than me!" Emily falls on me dramatically pretending to cry.

"Shut up! All of this act for a cheeseburger?!"

"And fries and a coke..." She sniffles holding back a smile.

"Alright... What do you wish to get for a thank you meal?" I look at her with one eyebrow raised.

"Your double chocolate lava cake with two scoops of ice cream!" Her face lightens up and a big smile stretches across her lips.

"Oh that's the reason why you have called me for the job huh? You wanted to take advantage of me! It's not even my first day here!" I pretend to be shocked.

"Well, yeah... Why would I want you here otherwise? To be my spy and to feed me of course!"

"I'm insulted by you young lady!" I act mad while I cross my arms.

"No you are not... You love me!"

"You know I do... Ass!"

"I hope that you do not believe I have forgotten about your interview, nor your hideous stain! You'll have to tell me all about it right now!" She looks at me mischievously.

"Now? But... Adam is waiting for me! It's not polite!"

"He can survive without you for fifteen more minutes! So you better start spilling everything out if you don't wish to stay here forever!" Her eyes have found their normal vividness. I know I cannot escape her questions so I can only succumb...

"Well, your CEO is truly handsome exactly as you were imagining..." I fix my eyes on a painting in Emily's room when I notice her jaw dropping. I try to stay serious.

"SHUT UP! YOU MET HIM ALREADY?! I THOUGHT YOU HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH MR. JOHNSON!" I cannot help my self and I let a roaring laugh come out."

Well, first of all not the whole floor needs to know about it... Secondly, yeah I did. I was calling him Mr. Johnson and also gave him attitude for being on his phone ignoring me..." I squeeze my lips together trying to relax.

"You did what? God Val... Did you take the job? How is he? Is he hot?" Emily's eyes are sparkling when she talks about men. That girl...

"Yeah I did get the job. I also lost in an argument." I get so upset with myself thinking about my salary!

"What do you mean?! Come on Val, talk! You already know what I want to know!"

"Well I've managed to lower my salary by fifteen thousands... Yeah you heard right, do not make me repeat it other wise I can and will jump out of the window."

"How did you do that? How is it possible?" Emily looks as confused as I was.

"Well, he asked me to value myself and I said I value myself fifteen thousand less than he valued me. Which made him crack up and made me furious. I barely made it out of the room without cursing girl." I shake my head as if I wanted to throw it far, far away!