STEAMY CLEAR

It's a whole new day... I woke up in my bed by a ray of sunlight falling directly on my eyes. I placed the sheet over my face, whining. I would rather see a storm right now in order to match my feelings, my weary soul. My heart starts accelerating as my stomach tightens while I recall what happened yesterday.

Tears form once again into my eyes but I wipe them away instantly. Trying to collect my thoughts I realize that I didn't pass out on the bed but on my couch, and Colt was there with me. I frown, pulling the sheet from my face as I turn around to find myself nose to nose with Colt. I widen my eyes and observe him. I feel like he violated Nathan's side of the bed... I should give this man a break. He has skipped work two days in a row to take care of me.

Angus starts wagging his tail the moment he sees me getting out of bed. I grab him from his collar and guide him to the kitchen to prevent him from waking up Colt. Still in my sweatpants, looking like crap, I rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth and make my complexion a little bit less corpse -like. I can feel my heart still being numb. The water is dripping down from my face to the sink. It's been a long time since I've felt so helpless, so weak. I try to pull my pieces together while grabbing my keys and put Angus on his leash. "Come on boy, let's breathe a little bit."

The light breeze running through my hair relaxes my tensed muscles. I close my eyes and take a deep breath wishing for a storm. All I need now is the purifying power of heavy rain on my skin. What am I going to do? I don't want to believe that this is the end of us... I've never felt so vulnerable until he told me he's leaving for good. 

I was suffocating, feeling so damn scared, so worthless... How could I make him stay? I begged... For the first time in my life, I begged. My words came crashing on the wall he has raised. He was determined to run away from me. How do you leave someone you say you love? How is this going to help that person in ANY way?!

I refuse to believe that. If you love someone, you stay there and fight. Fight to keep them with you, to make them love you even more... You stay and fight... You fight...

Even Angus isn't that excited for his walk today. On our way back I grab some coffee for me and Dante. It's the least I could do for him. That man confuses me. He's always looking so perfect yet he shows a totally different side to me.

I shouldn't been thinking right now. My thoughts are so disoriented that anything I possibly think about is all foggy and nonsense. It didn't take long until I found myself in front of my apartment's door. I could feel my legs shaking the moment I thought of Nathan leaving. I barely made it to the steps to sit before I saw Adam coming towards me worryingly.

"Hey, hey! What's wrong Val?" He kneels in front of me while Angus lays down on my feet.

"Adam... Nothing's wrong, all good. I just felt a bit dizzy, that's all."

"You think I'm gonna buy this? Tell me what happened," Adam looks me in the eyes as he caresses my hands. 

As I take a deep breath I feel tears rolling down my face without my permission. I didn't even know I was crying until I saw Adam widen his eyes while wiping my tears away.

"Nathan... He left me Adam. He went on a mission with the army."

"Come on honey... You scared me! He'll be back soon, stop worrying," Adam flashes a soft smile to me as I shook my head no.

"I know he'll be back eventually, but he won't be back for me."

"Oh Val..." We were soon interrupted.