VI) Galdin Quay

ABOVE I'VE POSTED A QUICK DRAWING OF RAYNE AND HER BROTHERS JUST FOR QUICK REFERENCE. I RECOGNIZE MY SUCK-AGE LEVEL WHEN IT COMES TO MAIN CHARACTER DESCRIPTION IN FIRST PERSON POV. SO HERE'S A MEDIOCRE DRAWING... ON WITH THE FIC!

"It's really pretty here at night," Noctis comments as we head up the boardwalk.

"And yet, by all accounts, it pales in comparison to Altissia," Ignis says, straightening his jacket.

"Seriously?"

"And there's Iggy, who will forever be the Debbie Downer of this group," I tease. He arches one slim eyebrow.

"I am simply being realistic. You, Rayne, are the pessimist of the group."

"Guess so," I shrug, smiling. "I'll own it."

"Ready to set sail?" Ignis asks as Noctis buys some items from a local shop.

"Just gotta find my sea legs first," Gladio mutters.

"Better hurry!" Prompto laughs.

"I stole 'em," I yawn. "They're mine now."

"Oh yeeeaaah," Prompto grimaces, rubbing the back of his neck. "How are you gonna do at sea?"

"Not good," I cringe. "Probably just... really not good."

"I'll say," Gladio chuckles. "If Noct's driving made you that sick?" He gives a low whistle. "We're in for a treat."

"Oh boy," I breathe, watching Noct come back toward us. "Ready?" He nods.

"Let's go catch us a ferry."

"It may be too late, actually," Ignis speaks up, checking the time. "I read that the ferries only run until five."

"When shoot." I tug on the end of my hair, looking toward the main part of Galdin. "And I imagine that rooms are incredibly expensive?"

"Oh yeah," Gladio grins. "Guess it's another night in the tent, huh guys?" I groan, throwing my head back. "C'mon, I saw signs on our way over here."

He leads the way back across the parking lot, jogging easily over the sand. My legs burn from this new resistance. I can tell Noctis is feeling a bit sore. Ignis stopped at the car with Prompto to get our gear. Gladio climbs up onto a wide, flat rock that borders the shore. "This looks good to me."

"Me too," Noct nods, running toward the elemental rocks that surround the campsite. I grin, watching him absorb the magic from the spikes that jut from the sandy ground.

"Is that why you chose this particular spot?" I ask, eyebrow raised. I take a couple chairs away from Prompto, setting them up around the fire Gladio's already starting.

"Yeah," he admits, smiling back at the prince. "Thought you two could use a refill after that dualhorn." He rocks back onto his heels, opening his arms. "Besides, this is a great rock."

"Sure is," Prompto laughs, putting his hands on his hips and looking out into the distance. "Man, sure is pretty here."

"Yeah, Cindy would enjoy it," I tease, ruffling his styled hair gently. He blushes, hitting my hands away.

"Hey! I spent all morning doing that!"

"You're just gonna mess it up in bed," I huff, glaring at Ignis's raised eyebrow. "And, you need to get your head out of the gutter."

"I don't know your preferences," the sandy haired man shrugs, getting back to setting up his cooking station. Rolling my eyes, I lean an elbow on Prompto's shoulder, motioning to the younger man.