Chapter Nine

Levi's Point of View

I stand aside, allowing her to enter the room before me. I follow, closing the door behind us. I don't need brats attempting to eavesdrop.

"How did you get my stuff from my aunt?"

"I invited her to lunch. And then Erwin sent some recruits in to pack your stuff. She never noticed."

"She will at some point." She responds, her voice quiet.

"Well, yes. But you can write her a letter, telling her that you've decided to work for us."

"Yeah, that's true." She wanders to a box and opens the top, pulling out some of her clothes. She crosses the room to the dresser, opening the drawer and placing them in.

"Here, let me help," I say, watching as she stuffs them in. "I doubt you know a thing about organization."

I root around in the drawer, readjusting the articles inside of it. I reach into the box, pulling out some more. I am lowering them into the drawer, when something black falls off the stack, landing on my feet.
I bend over, picking up the lacy thong with my index finger.

I wouldn't mind seeing her only in these.

She grabs the panties from me, her face flushing a deep crimson.

"I-I'm sorry, Captain-"

"Don't apologize," I say, waving my hand at her. "It makes you seem pitiful."

She nods, a wave of hurt clouding her pretty (e/c) eyes. She puts the underwear in the drawer as I conjure up a mental image of her wearing them.

"Just remember to wear them at the right time," I add, watching as her cheeks fill with colour once again. I subtly wink at her. She gasps. I feel as if I am driving her insane.

After her laundry, I set up her books and made her bed. She finds a little stuffed rabbit and sets it by her pillow. She might be softer than I originally thought. Though I'm sure some hard training will harden her up like the rest of them- or make her flee like the others.

When she is finished she unfolds the boxes, laying them under her bed.

"For when I have to move my stuff." She says when I give her a quizzical look.

When she's done and sitting on the edge of her freshly made bed, I walk to the door.

"We have to get you back to Hanji. She'll have my head if she finds you gone. Besides, the brats will bombard you with questions. So staying here wouldn't be wise."

She gets up and follows me back to her little room in the medical wing of the castle. She returns my cloak to me. She lays back in bed, covering up, pretending to not have budged.

Much to my surprise, Hanji comes storming in. Maybe she saw us returning. She looks from me to (Y/n) before she settles her glare on me.

"Hello, Hanji," I say, innocently.

"Hello, Captain. May I have a word with you in the hall?"

"Fine," I say, rolling my eyes, and following her out into the dark corridor.

As soon as the door is closed behind us, she turns on me. 

"REVAILLE, WHAT WERE YOU DOING?" She shouts.

"Whatever are you talking about?"

"Don't play stupid," she hisses at me. "The word is out that you were escorting our little (Y/n) around the castle. You know she's hurt and needs to rest-"

"Our little (Y/n)?" I question.

"Everyone knows that you care about her more than anyone else here." Her voice is low, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Nonsense-" I begin.

"Don't start that crap, Revaille. It's obvious. No matter how much you try to hide it."

"What are you talking about?" My voice sharply rises.

"I see the way you look at her."

"She's just another recruit." This time I'm the one hissing. "I only care about her getting better and her beginning her training. We need fighters."

"You can't tell me that she's just another trainee to you. Just someone on their way to be slaughtered. That if she were killed you wouldn't even bat an eye."

I know she's right. I feel a deep care for (Y/n) that I can't explain. And as I think of Hanji's words, I frown. I don't want her to be killed. I also begin to feel... Slightly afraid. I don't like it.

"I knew it." She mutters. "I can see it."

I don't deny it. She's right. No one else can find out. I turn to Hanji, pressing my forearm against her chest, and shoving her against the wall. "If anyone else finds out, you're dead," I growl at her.

Her eyes widen in surprise. She can see the seriousness of the situation. "Y-Yes, Captain. I won't tell a soul."

"Good." I move my arm and she stands there before she hurries to her office.

I now notice that my heart is pounding against my ribcage. I take a deep breath. Why am I so angry? 

I need to distract myself. I walk down the hall and toward the gym. I need to work off some energy.