Chapter Twenty-Six

Hanji and Erwin immediately begin to drill me on the scratches on my back, but stop when Mike wanders by, pausing only to stare at me for a moment. He looks exhausted. He's also in the room across the hall from mine.

"It's nothing." I say, sipping my tea.

Soon (Y/n) sits by my side. The purple spot seems even more prominent in the light. And I know they see it. They suddenly have a knowing look.

After breakfast I get my jacket and follow Erwin and Hanji to the waiting carriage. I climb in, each of them on either side of me.

The cart starts down the bumpy road, our shoulders touching as we take a turn. I sigh in annoyance, puffing a strand of hair out of my line of vision.

"Did you sleep with her?" Hanji suddenly mutters, leaning close to me. I am appalled by her question, immediately pushing her away from me.

"What the fuck?"

"It was a simple question, Captain. Word was going around. I was only curious."

"Wait, what?!" I feel all the colour drain from my face.

"Levi, some of the recruits on your floor said they could hear her... shouting your name..."

"Oh fuck." I mutter, my face flushing with heat. I cover my face with my hands, hiding my crimson complexion from my colleagues.

"Levi, it isn't anything to be ashamed of. I mean, at least we know someone around here is getting some."

"Hanji, shut up!" I cry.

"Sorry, sir." She says, but I catch her grin when she looks away.

Your Point of View

I go for a run, letting the wind whip through my hair and clothes. It feels very refreshing, free.

I pass Petra and a group of other girls. She looks upset. I consider stopping and asking how she is, but when I catch her eyes narrowing at me, I decide to keep going. Why would she be glaring at me?

I push my legs, traveling down the path alongside the castle, and out onto the dusty dirt road.

I feel tenderness in my thighs and my lower back. Levi really put my flexibility to the test last night.

I begin to breathe deeply after a few minutes, but my legs don't get tired for a while after.

On my way back, I pass a group of older guys, whom whisper as I jog by. I ignore them, not letting insecurities or anxiety get the best of me. But when I pass more people who stare as I pass, I become suspicious.

I slow to a walk, brushing the back of my hand over my forehead, wiping sweat away. I am about to turn a corner when I hear someone mention my name. I stop, listening intently to their words.

"Apparently she was screaming the Captain's name last night. That's why everyone is saying they fucked."

I feel my face grow hot, my breath catching in my throat.

"She came out of his room this morning, too."

I quickly continue on my way, keeping my head down. I can't believe that everyone knows. I should have kept my voice down. But part of me couldn't help it...

I hurry off to the showers.

As I lather myself in soap, I let my mind wander. Soon I find my thoughts on Levi and our time together​ last night. I nibble my bottom lip, craving him suddenly.
But as I think of the word going around my stomach knots up in shame and regret. Making love with him is private and something just for us. Now that everyone knows, it makes me feel upset.
I rinse off and climb out, wrapping up in my towel. I dry off and dress, going up to my room. I lie down, pulling the blankets over me.

My damp hair rests against my back, the moisture seeping into my shirt, but I don't care.

I soon find myself dozing off, due to a lack of sleep.

I am awoken a short time later, a warm body pressing against mine. I open my eyes quickly, my body tensing.

"Shh, it's me." Levi whispers.

I sigh in relief, hugging close to his thin, yet muscular, frame. His fingers trail down my spine.

"Hi." I murmur.

"Hey." He kisses my forehead.

"Levi, everyone knows." I say simply.

"I know they do. I've been getting some looks."

"What do we do?"

"Well, we do it again." He says. I am taken by surprise. He just raises an eyebrow at me. "What else are we to do? Everyone knows. And besides, I can't unmake love to you, (Y/n). Not that I'd want to take it back, anyway."

"I know. But I wish no one else knew."

"Me, too." He's quiet for a moment. "I pushed everyone especially hard during our drills this afternoon."

"I slept through drills?"

"Yes. It's almost dinner, actually. You slept most of the day."

"Oops."

"I deliberately let you sleep. I know you worked hard last night. You deserve some rest." His fingers trail down to my back side, his hand resting over my ass. I close my eyes, grinning.

"I should get up."

"You have more time if you want to get more sleep. Dinner isn't for another half hour."

"I don't want to sleep anymore. Can you stay? I missed you today."

"Of course, darling." He responds.

Hearing him call me anything sweet feels a bit strange, especially with his bored tone, but it makes me feel happy.