Chapter Four

As we ride, she wraps her arms around my waist, squeezing me tight. Normally anyone being so close to me would result in them being flipped on their head. But something about (Y/n) touching me feels... Nice.

I try to brush the thought from my mind and concentrate on riding.

Your Point of View

I clutch tightly to Levi's warm frame. My head feels light and I can't focus on anything. I'm certainly concussed.

I am conscious of the blood flowing down my head. I bury my face into his leather jacket. I close my eyes. I'm suddenly tired.

It feels like an eon before we finally come to a halt.

"Tell Hanji that I'm bringing someone up. It's an emergency!" He orders to someone.

Who's Hanji? Who is he talking to?

"Hurry up, brat! Don't you know the meaning of the word 'emergency'?!"

"Yes, Captain!" A younger male voice responds.

He peers over his shoulder at me.
"Can you walk?" His voice is just as monotone as ever.

"Yes, sir," I respond.

He climbs down from the horse. Then he reaches up, offering me a hand. I appreciatively take it, holding it tight as I climb down.

I feel quite dizzy and I light on my feet. I try taking a few steps, but I almost fall over.

"Here." He mutters, and suddenly I'm being lifted. He carries me into the building.

"Captain, what is the problem? Who is this?" A female voice inquiries.

I look over and see a woman with glasses and dark auburn hair pulled back into a high ponytail.

"I don't have time for questions. She needs to be treated." Levi's voice is stern, and commanding.

"What happened? Bring her up."

We begin to move again. It makes my head pound. I let out an unintentional groan. Levi's grip on me suddenly tightens.

He explains the situation to the lady, who is a step ahead, her ponytail bobbing with every step.

"She needs stitches." She observes.

"No shit. She's been bleeding down my jacket for the past twenty minutes." Levi jokes though he's unamused.

"Right. I'll have to examine her head to see if there's any brain damage. She likely has some, though, considering she hit her head hard enough to split it open."

We stop and I am set down on something soft. My drowsiness tries to take over and my eyelids flutter.

"Hey," she pauses. "What's her name?" She's speaking to Levi.

"(Y/n)." He responds quickly.

"Hey, (Y/n), I'm going to need you to stay awake, please." She says with too much enthusiasm. I cringe at the loudness of her voice.

I feel her hands on my head as she looks me over. Then a sting as she cleans my cut. Next comes a tugging on my head and I realize with a sick feeling in my stomach that she's stitching my scalp back together. It doesn't take her long to finish. When she does, she peers into my eyes, checking my vision for problems, and my skull for more damage.

Finally, she concluded that I am severely concussed and need at least a week of rest.

"I have to get home," I tell them.

"Are you stupid? You're staying right here." Levi replies. I can tell it's a command. I don't protest.

I am transferred to a small room down the hall. The only furniture in the tiny space is a bed, a bedside table, and a chair against the wall. A big window overlooks the forest, but the curtains are drawn when I enter.

Hanji, the doctor who treated me, gave me precise instructions for my full recovery. She's been informed of my new job. I'm one of them. I lie in the soft bed and stare at the ceiling. My head still hurts a lot, but she gave me some medication to help the pain. Hopefully, it kicks in soon.

This time I let my drowsiness take over and my eyes slipped closed. Soon I fall asleep, listening to the birds singing outside my window to calm me.