| I Don't Wanna Live Forever | I |

Genre: Angst

Prompt:
Y/N and Harry had broken up a long time ago, but Harry still carries strong feelings towards Y/N even after the war. Now, he's addicted to alcohol while falling into a deep reminiscence.

| lyrics in italics. Zayn, Taylor Swift; I Don't Wanna Live Forever |

Warning(s): depression, tears, alcohol issues

-

Been sittin' eyes wide open behind these four walls, hopin' you'll call
It's just a cruel existence like it's no point hopin' at all

"Why did you leave me?!" Harry throws the firewhiskey bottle as it shatters to pieces. "Y/N, please." Harry breaks down into sobs. Harry stood up, his outcry for you was pointless, you had left Harry for another man during the war. Ginny tried being your equivalent, although Harry refused her affection.

~

"I'm leaving you, you lier! I can't believe you!" You cry, punching and kicking your ex-admirer. "I swear to you, Y/N. I-" He began, "I shouldn't have left with you. I knew you would do this. I'm so ignorant and lovestruck!" You interrupt, pushing him out your bedroom. "I lost someone, who dearly loved me for you, you worthless bastard!" You shout, slamming the door closed. Slipping down to the floor unleashing yourself.

~~

"I lost her."

"I lost him."

I'm sittin' eyes wide open and I got one thing stuck in my mind
Wondering if I dodged a bullet or just lost the love of my life

~

Harry wobbled out of his house, befuddled. "Y/N!" He bellows. "Mate, your drunk." Someone told him, "Ron?" Harry slurs. "Let's get you inside." Ron said, he hadn't expected Harry to be this intoxicated for her. "Harry, calm yourself. It's been like this for the past year!" Ron told Harry intently. "Alright, Ron." Harry giggles. Ron sighs, "I can't fix you. You'll have to fix yourself, Harry." "She has damaged you, pretty hard." "Move on, Harry. Y/N is gone." Ron tried to convince him, "No! I love her; I love
Y/N."Harry whiplashed. "I'm sorry, Harry. Just stay inside and safe." Ron told Harry, "OK." Harry replied. Ron left, Harry, since there was nothing he could do. The door layer open for anyone, but there was no one.

Harry went back to his kitchen, the cabinet with a plethora of alcoholic drinks. Grabbing a butterbeer with a mix of alcohol. Harry stopped as soon as he was about to have his first gulp, across the room was a framed picture.

Harry stood up and left the drink walking over to the picture. He delicately picked up the picture frame with a moving photo of you and him: Harry smiling, while you kissed his cheek. Harry felt a sensation an aura of happiness, he didn't go back to his drink. Right beside the photo was a picture of his parents. Harry meant to arrange them like this, his wish was for you two to be jubilant and together; similar to his parents.

"I miss you, Y/N." Harry whispered. Harry went to his bedroom in the search for more of photos of you two. The only thing to keep him away from intoxication.

There it was: a book full of photos just of the two of you. Harry went page by page, grinning at the sight of the both of you, happy. All these photos kept Harry up that night.

I don't wanna live forever
'Cause I know I'll be livin' in vain
And I don't wanna fit (fit, babe) wherever (wherever)
I just wanna keep callin' your name
Until you come back home

"Why?" Harry became teary eyed. He was close to the end of the album till he reached the end.

I've been looking sad in all the nicest places
(Baby, baby, I feel crazy)
I see you around in all these empty faces
(Up all night, all night and every day)
I've been looking sad in all the nicest places
(Give me somethin', oh, but you say nothin')
Now I'm in a cab, I tell him where your place is
What is happenin' to me?

Harry ran out of pages. He broke down until he saw a letter placed on the end of the page.

'Dear Harry,
I'm sorry that I've left you. I felt as if it was better. All these photos have a story that I'll never forget. I'm sorry I couldn't give you everything. We'll meet again, soon, but continue with your life don't wait for me. Don't call out for me.
I'm sorry, I love you Harry.

Sincerely,
Y/N'

"I love you too." Harry whispered. "I still do." Harry looked down. "Please come back to me." Harry heard footsteps, he grabbed his wand and got up. "Don't come near!" Harry shouted, only to lower his wand.

I just wanna keep callin' your name
Until you come back home

"Harry?"