James Potter | The Four Words |

Genre:  Angst

Prompt: 
A man and his wife meet at the pearly gates after they're both killed in an accident. However, to enter, each must confess any lies they told each other in the past life. St Peter hands the man a stack of books, filled with lies he told, big and small.

To the woman, he gives a small piece of paper with just four words written on it.

prompt provided by writing.prompt.s on instagram

Warning(s): angst, religious themes, sad ending

-

   They died too soon.

Leaving a one year old baby boy to himself. Y/N hated how she left her baby boy too soon with a monster in front of him. However, at least she had her spouse, James Potter, the love of her life. She saw her lover walking majestically up to her, she smiled and looked back at St Peter. St Peter returned her grin and coughed lightly at James while holding a book with a piece of paper on top. James softly grinned and looked at you. He turned and then looked at St Peter.  You couldn't wait to see Lily on the other side.

Lily Evans was your best friend and James' ex-crush.

Lily died early from cancer. Leaving James and you torn, the two of you stayed together through the pain and eventually fell in love. It was a good time in your life a year after Lily's death until the Dark Lord came and ruined it all.

"What a young beautiful couple. Ah, you both can get the chance to enter a life of peace called heaven unless you confess the lies you told your significant other. Y/N this is yours." St Peter handed you a thin book. "James." St Peter handed him the piece of paper, you lightly laughed liking the fact he barely lied to you.

"Well, let me start off, I guess." You sheepishly said.

"First lie, I don't like you. I never took your sweatshirt. Yeah, I kissed that boy. I didn't eat the whole jar of ice cream," you grinned at the dumb lies you told. "It's going to be a girl." You say and you hear James laugh. 

You went through all the lies only a few of the lies you told being hard on the both of you.

You finish the book and closed it as St Peter grabbed it.

"Your turn, James." St Peter hummed. 

James nodded his head and unfolded the small piece of paper. He read what it said and his face turned pale, his eyes cold, his palms getting sweaty. You looked at him in concern, but in all told him to go on.

"Only one lie, Mister Potter? Intriguing." St Peter said.

"Go on James." You leer. James gulped and turned his head away. It couldn't be really bad, could it?  You thought.

"Mr. Potter." St Peter called.

"I'll always love you!" James blurted. Tears began to form on your eyes, knowing that you lived in a lie for the remaining moments of your life.

He never loved you. Those four words that he said to you made you finally know what death feels like. He never loved you.