6

"We're seeing Beyoncé and 5SOS. How amazing is that?"

"I'm so fucking excited. This festival is the best thing ever" I said as I laid back on the bed, waiting for Becky to finish her make up. "Come on we need to go get a good place so we can see them"

"OK, I'm ready"

***

Me

Where are you? Are you here yet?

Hey, the concert starts in like 10 minutes. Where are you?

Seriously, Luke. Are you flaking on me? If you don't want to come just say. Let me know what you're doing.

Ffs this was meant to be a nice night of us seeing one of our favourite bands and you don't even have the decency to turn up? You're such a dick.

I've literally known you a day. Why the fuck do I even care that much? Fuck you, Luke Robert Hemmings.

Luke

I'm sorry.

"It's OK, Mads. It's not like you're best friends. He's lost out"

"I actually thought we could be good friends. We were getting on so well"

"Don't worry about him. Just have a good time" I nodded and was about to reply to his text when lights suddenly lit up the stage and four people ran onto it.

"What's up, Coachella?" Someone shouted. The drummer I think. They started to play there first couple of songs. Becky and I were having a good time but I couldn't help but feel disappointed that Luke wasn't here. We were so far back too. You could barely even see them. The screens weren't that great quality either. It didn't really help that we were so short.

"Hey, Maddie" I turned to see Roy and another one of Luke's friends.

"Hey"

"This is Mitchy"

"Hey. Luke's said a lot about you" I just nodded and smiled.

"You enjoying the show?" Roy asked.

"Yeah. Do you know where Luke is?"

"Um, about that. I think there's something you should know. Luk-"

"Are you having a good time tonight?!" One of the band members screamed out. We all turned our attention to the stage, not being able to have a conversation for all the screaming. "Some of you probably don't know who we are and are just waiting for Beyoncé so we're going to introduce ourselves. We're 5 seconds of summer and I'm Michael"

"I'm Ashton" The drummer said.

"I'm Calum" Becky glanced at the screen then at Roy and Mitchy. They both shared a glance.

"And I'm Luke" I looked at the screen myself and was met with a pair of familiar blue eyes. I turned to Roy.

"Can you guys get backstage?" I asked. They nodded. "Take us now"

"Maddie-"

"Take us" I said harshly. "Please" I said quietly. I wanted to cry. He lied. He fucking lied to me. What a dick. They nodded and led us out of the crowd and to a more private section. We were soon backstage and in a tent used as their dressing room.

"They'll be off stage in like 15 minutes" Mitchy said.

"Why'd they lie?" Becky asked. "We wouldn't have cared"

"I don't know. I guess they liked being seen as normal" Roy said. "We're gonna go meet them off stage" We nodded as they left.

"I can't believe this" I said.

"Me neither. How can we not have known what they looked like?"

"Because we're fucking idiots" It was silent for the next few minutes until we heard talking outside the tent.

"They're pretty pissed" I heard Roy say. Nothing else was said but a rustling was heard and soon the four boys were stood two metres from us. Ashton, Michael, Mitchy and Roy slumped away and into another tent joined to this one.

"What the fuck, Luke?" I walked over to him. "What the fuck is this?"

"Maddie-"

"No, I'm so fucking angry. Why didn't you tell me who you were?"

"I liked being normal. You had no idea who I was. It was nice for a change"

"I feel so used"

"Don't. God, Maddie, no. I didn't use you. I really like you. You're such a cool girl and I've probably fucked this up so badly. I don't know why I didn't tell you. I guess when I realised you had no idea who I was but you liked our music it just felt like an ideal situation"

"Really? An ideal situation? That is not what this is"

"Maddie-"

"You lied to me this afternoon. Calum was ill, was he? I called Becky straight after and she said he was fine"

"You fact checked what I said?" He asked, offended.

"No. I wanted to know where she was and she said she was with Calum so being a nice person I asked how he was. And don't sound offended. You're the one in the wrong here"

"I couldn't tell you I was going to soundcheck. That would've made no sense. I told you I worked in the music industry"

"You could've been a fucking receptionist"

"I'm sorry, Maddie. I really am"

"I need to think. And I'm not missing Beyoncé for you"

"Please, let me come with you like we planned"

"Luke, just stop. I need to think" Becky was already stood by the door. We left and went back out into the crowd surrounding the stage.