20

"Your cousin is the cutest fucking thing ever" Luke said quietly as we watched the little girl skip around the garden with one of her friends.

"I know. She's adorable"

"Like you"

"Fuck off" I nudged him.

"I only speak the truth" He put his hands up in surrender.

"How much longer do we have to stay before it's acceptable for us to leave?" I thought out loud.

"At least another hour"

"Kids are so loud"

"Do you want kids?"

"One day. I want at least three"

"I want at least two"

"Oh my god, that's Luke Hemmings" I turned to see my cousin stood behind me. She came around and stood in front of us. She always felt she was better than me or any of my other cousins in fact. "Good to see you, Maddie. Hi, Luke" She said. Luke just smiled at her. I could sense her fakeness and I felt like he could too.

"Hi, Ally"

"So are you guys friends?"

"We're together actually" I said as Luke wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh, right. Why'd you pick Maddie? Surely there are plenty of other girls that would die to be with you"

"There are but I'm happy with Maddie"

"Just happy? Sounds like you're just settling for average. What if you could be happier with someone else?"

"Maddie's the one I want. I wouldn't be with her if I didn't like her" Luke said bluntly. She rolled her eyes and walked off.

"Sorry about her. She's always out to make herself look better than me"

"You are 100 times better than her. 1000 even"

"You're pretty great too" I pecked his lips as Maria ran over to us.

"Who's this?" She asked as she sat on my lap.

"My boyfriend. His name's Luke"

"Your face is scratchy" She said as she touched Luke's face, her hands on his jawline.

"Should I shave it?" Luke asked her as he chuckled.

"No! Don't hurt yourself!" She exclaimed. We both laughed.

"I'll be OK, sweetie" She got off my lap and sat on Luke's instead. He didn't seem to mind and wrapped his arms around the little girl.

"You have long hair" She said, pulling at one of Luke's curls that framed his face. "It's soft. Not like this" She compared it to his beard. He chuckled.

"You have long, soft hair too"

"Like Rapunzel?"

"Just like Rapunzel. Is she your favourite princess?"

"Uh huh. She's pretty"

"Not as pretty as you"

"You should say that to Maddie, not me. I'm not your girlfriend" He chuckled. "Tell her!"

"You're very pretty, Madison" Luke said. He kissed me quickly before we both turned our attention back to the small girl.

"Ew. Why does kissing make that noise?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe we should do some more tests" Luke glanced at me, smirking.

"No! No more kissing" She said before clumsily moving off his lap.

"Where are you going? My legs will be cold now"

"I'm gonna go play with Jenny" She said before running off to her friend.

"I want one" Luke said.

"One of what?"

"Doesn't being with kids make you want your own child like right now?"

"Yeah, I get what you mean. But then I think logically and realise I am nowhere close to wanting a kid"

"Same here"

"Maybe in like 5 years time or in my thirties. I don't know. When the times right"

"Whatever's meant to be will be" I just smiled and pecked his lips.