45

"Hey, there you are. I wondered where you'd got to" I turned to see Luke sit down beside me on a bench nearer the edge of the beach, away from the wedding crowd.

"Sorry, I just needed a breather"

"That's alright. My family can be a bit much at times"

"It's just every conversation I have I get 'why's Luke with you?' phrased in some way or another"

"Ignore them"

"I can't, Luke! They're your family and I want them to like me. I don't want to be that one person no one likes"

"Baby, it doesn't matter what they think. We've been over this"

"I know. I guess I just think the same"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you with me?" He turned to face me rather than looking straight ahead. He gently took my face in his hands and turned me to look at him.

"Why am I with you? Because you're the most amazing person I've ever met. Family is everything to you and that means so much to me. You support me in everything I do. When I'm having a bad day the only thing that makes me feel better is the thought of talking to you. You're the only person since the boys that I've let into my life this much without looking back. You're one of the only people in my life that treats me for me. Luke. Not 5 Seconds of Summer frontman and lead singer Luke Hemmings and you will never understand how good that feels. I have friends that even I know are only there to get a step up but you have never been that person. Before I met you I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever have kids or get married. I wanted it. I just didn't think I was the right guy for it but now I've got you in my life, I can't imagine a world where I don't spend the rest of my life fully committed to you and only you with at least two mini us's running around the place. And honestly the thought of having possibly more than two kids is scary to me but I know that's what you want and all I want is to make you happy. That's why I'm in your life and you make me the god damn happiest human in the universe and all I can do is try to make you feel the same" He paused, taking a deep breath. "God damnit, I'm so fucking in love with you it seems impossible and I sound so fucking cheesy but you love romance so I know I'm doing something to make you happy. But I'm not just saying this because it's what you want to hear. I mean every single word of what I've said and I cannot wait to marry you"

If Luke had got down on one knee at this point, I wouldn't have been that shocked. It was a proposal worthy speech.

But that didn't happen. Although a part of me was kind of disappointed it didn't.

"Luke, I don't know what to say" I said, wiping a small tear from my cheek. "You make me so happy, you do it without even trying" He just smiled. "I cannot wait for the day I marry you. It'll be the happiest day of my life"

"Mine too" He replied. "I think the minister might still be around if yo-" I just playfully hit his arm, cutting him off and he smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him.

"By the way, I want at least three kids, not two"

"Can three be a maximum?"

"Haven't decided" I said, laughing to myself slightly.

"I'm setting it at four"

"Perfect" I said as I rested my head on his shoulder. "Should we go back?"

"Let's stay here a little longer. I'm having the best time I've had all day"