12

"So this guy you met is in a band?"

"Yes, mum"

"A band you like?"

"Uh huh"

"But you didn't know it was him until you saw them live and he ditched you?"

"Yep"

"And you were pissed off for two seconds before you guys literally kissed and made up?"

"Mhm"

"Why do I feel like you've missed something out?"

"I haven't. I told you we went out the next day"

"There's something. I know when you're lying. Did you guys do more than kiss?"

"No! I mean, nearly. But nothing happened" She just smirked.

"So what's he like then?"

"Amazing. He's so kind and caring. And he's really hot. He's got blue eyes and blonde, curly hair and he's got really broad shoulders. And he definitely works out. He's like 6 foot 4. And he's Australian. He's lost his accent since being out here though"

"He lives in LA?"

"Yeah"

"So you guys can still stay in touch?" I nodded. "That's good news"

"I know. And Luke said they're writing and recording at the moment and no tours are scheduled which means they're here for a while"

"Make sure he comes over. I want to meet him"

"We're going on a date at some point so I'm sure he'll be around"

"Good. I need to see who this rockstar my daughter likes is"

"You'll like him. He's not arrogant or anything"

"I'm happy for you, Mads. It's been a long time since you were in a relationship and we both know how that went" I just nodded.

"I'm going upstairs" She nodded. I went into my bedroom and started to sort through the clothes that I still hadn't put away properly. As I was my phone beeped. I checked and saw a text from Luke. I smiled and sat down on my bed, unlocking my phone.

Luke
I miss you 😘

Me
I miss you too. Are you back in LA?

Luke
Yeah and back at work already. Apparently we shouldn't have taken Friday off to go and that "hooking up" with random girls is bad publicity so we had to be back at work today.

Me
Just think about how happy your music makes your fans.
Also I'm sorry about the hook up thing. It's my fault.

Luke
It's both of our faults. More mine. I'm used to this life. I shouldn't have been so stupid.

Me
When have you got some time off?

Luke
I have every evening off unless we have to work late to get finished but I want to spend longer with you than a couple of hours. When have you got a day off?

Me
Next Wednesday. I have to work this weekend because I took the whole weekend off.

Luke
Yeah. My brother and his girlfriend are here until Tuesday too and then they're going somewhere else so I'm a little preoccupied with them.

Me
That's OK. You don't see your family very often.

Luke
I wish I saw them more. Anyway, I checked my schedule and I'm free Wednesday afternoon. I'm recording in the morning and then I'll come by yours? I'm thinking we have a chill day then and then I'll take you on a fancy date some other time?

Me
Sounds good. I look forward to it 😊
Also I've never actually had someone check their schedule and not say it as a joke

Luke
Me too. Text me your address. I'm a busy guy. I'll always have time for you though 😘😉😏

Me
You fucking cheesy little shit

Luke
There's the Maddie I love!

Me
You love me? *insert joking flirtatious blinking smiling blushing emoji that doesn't fucking exist*

Luke
I fucking adore you, baby.

Me
BaBY
😍😍
☺️☺️🤤😭😭
OK, now you're actually killing me

Luke
You're adorable 😘
I've got to get back to work. I like you Mads

Me
I like you 💕
Maybe I like you can be our always 😂

Luke
I swear all you do is say that! Twice now and we've only known each other five days!
WHAT IS THAT RATIO!?!??

Me
You can really tell you a math teachers son
And you said it the other day, not me!

Luke
Did you even like tfios?

Me
Eh. It was alright. Not my favourite.
Did you?

Luke
Eh
Then we should stop quoting it 😂
I can't even remember what our other always was

Me
You're a shit not-even-boyfriend-yet-person!
It was deal btw

Luke
I remember now.
Fuck deal was a stupid one

Me
Always would've been if deal was in the film

Luke
Touché
Still think always would have sounded better no matter what

Me
Deal is original!!!!!
Aren't you meant to be working? GET BACK TO FUCKING WORK AND STOP CRITICISING
Sorry that was blunt 😂
😘😘😘

Luke
😂😂😂😂 I'm so glad I met you 😘❤️