7

"Are you OK?" Becky asked.

"Not at all" I replied. "You?"

"Not really"

"Why would they lie? They've gained nothing from it"

"We barely even know them. Let's just forget about it and enjoy Beyoncé"

"I'm not even in the mood for this anymore"

"Mads, no. You love Beyoncé. You can't leave"

"I'm not feeling it anymore"

"You'll regret it if you leave"

"You can stay. I'm just going to head back to the tent"

"Mad-"

"B, I'm fine" She just nodded and watched as I walked off.

"Maddie?" I heard a familiar Australian accent call out. I glanced back and saw Luke and Calum. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I felt someone grab my arm and stop me. I pulled it away and turned to face them.

"Where's Becky?" Calum asked.

"At the show" He nodded and headed back in that direction. Good luck finding her in that crowd.

"Maddie, please listen to me. I'm sorry. Fuck I was an idiot"

"Luke, just leave me alone. I want to be alone"

"Aren't you going to see Beyoncé too?"

"Someone ruined my mood and now I don't want too"

"I am not going to let you miss your favourite artist who you've never seen live because of me"

"You can't fix this that quickly"

"I can try"

"I just want to go back to my tent"

"How can I make it up to you?"

"I don't know, Luke. I really don't want to do this right now"

"Let's have a fresh start" He said. "Hi, I'm Luke Hemmings, lead singer and guitarist in 5 seconds of summer. I'm here performing"

"Luke-"

"What's your name?" I couldn't help but smile slightly. As pissed off as I was, he was being cute.

"Maddie. Now I want to leave" I still wasn't happy with him.

"You want to come and see this new and upcoming artist with me? Her name's Beyoncé"

"Seriously?" I couldn't hide my smile.

"Come on" He held out his hand. I shook my head but he ignored my wishes and grabbed my hand, pulling me back towards the crowd. "You won't regret this"

"I will"

"I promise you won't" I rolled my eyes but let him guide me closer. He started to near the stage. We got closer to the front section where there was a gap between the stage and the crowd where only performers and VIPs were allowed. Luke showed his pass to the security guy.

"Where's your pass?" The guy asked me.

"She's with me" Luke said. The guy glanced between us before huffing and letting us through. I saw Becky stood with Calum and their other friends. She noticed me and waved us over.

"Is everything OK with you guys?" She whispered.

"I don't know. He's trying to make it up to me"

"I bet you guys kiss by the end of the night"

"We're friends. Not even that at the moment" I told her. "Besides, the same goes for you and Calum" She rolled her eyes.

***

"Are you having a good time?" I turned to see Luke stood behind me. Becky and I had tried to keep our distance slightly, scared of them judging our awful singing and dancing as well as still being pissed. I nodded. He wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm cold"

"Sure, Romeo" I turned my attention back to the stage and sang along to 'XO'.

"You're an awful singer" He said quietly, chuckling as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, jokingly, as I turned around in his arms to face him. He tightened his grasp on my waist.

"Your dancing's not much better"

"Oh fuck off"

"Fuck what? Fuck me? If you insist" I hit his chest.

"I'm missing Beyoncé"

"I'll buy you tickets to go to a whole concert rather than an hour show"

"You barely even know me"

"Stop saying that"

"I barely know you. Considering I just found out who you really are"

"Can we move on from that?"

"No because starting a friendship with someone lying to you is not good"

"You see us as just friends?"

"What else would I see us as?"

"Maddie" He whined as he placed his head on my shoulder briefly before looking back at me.

"What?" I questioned. He sighed as his eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips. I looked at him warily before he slowly leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. He pulled away before I had a chance to respond. He looked scared as if he didn't know how I'd react. A small smile grew on my face and I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him back down so his forehead was pressed against mine. I kissed him this time. He held my waist tighter, pulling me closer. His tongue ran along my bottom lip but I pulled away. "Not today. I'm still mad at you"

"Didn't stop you from kissing me"

"I told you, I haven't had a boyfriend in three years"

"Like that's the reason" I rolled my eyes. "How about make up sex?"

"I'm not even letting us make out"

"Tomorrow's our last day"

"I know"

"Spend the night with me"

"I'm mad at you"

"That's what you're telling yourself when in reality you like me and want to keep kissing"

"This conversation is over. I'm watching Beyoncé now"

"So you'll come back to mine?"

"We'll see"

"I'll take that as a yes" He said before pressing a couple of kisses to my neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist as I faced the stage.