Epilogue Part 2

*Four years later*

Luke's POV

"Daddy?" I turned to see the little girl stood in the door way into the music room.

"What's up, sweetie?"

"Where's mummy?"

"She'll be home soon. Why?"

"I need to talk to you" I chuckled slightly at the young girl as she walked over to me. "I'm serious" I stopped laughing but couldn't help but smile as I lifted her onto my lap.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Are you and mummy married?"

"Not yet, why?"

"All my friends mummy's and daddy's are married and they said you don't love each other as much because you're not married and that it means you don't love me as much"

"Mia, baby, mummy and I love each other very much and us not being married changes nothing. And as for you, you are the most amazing thing to ever come into our lives and we love you with all our hearts, OK?" She nodded.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"You're a good daddy"

"Thank you, baby" I replied. "Do you want to help me finish my work?" She nodded eagerly as I picked up my guitar from the side.

***

"Mummy? Daddy?" We sat up and saw Mia pushing the door open to our room.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked as we both sat up. It was just gone midnight and Maddie and I hadn't long gotten home after going out to Becky and Calum's for dinner. Maddie's mum had been looking after Mia and left when we got home at 11.

"I had a bad dream" She said, stumbling over to our bed. She stood beside it as I pulled her onto the bed and onto my lap.

"What about?" Maddie asked as she pushed Mia's hair to the side and out of her eyes.

"You and daddy didn't come home and I was left all alone" She cried into my chest.

"Mia, sweetie, we will never leave you. We love you very much" Maddie told her as I rubbed her head gently, trying to calm her and stop her crying.

"But-but" She tried to speak but was hyperventilating from her crying.

"Calm down, baby" I said as I rubbed her back. "We're not going anywhere without you"

"Promise?"

"We promise" Maddie said, holding out her pinky finger. Mia linked hers to Maddie's and I smiled at the pair.

"You too" She turned to me, holding her pinky out. I wrapped mine around hers.

"I promise" I told her. She smiled before crawling under the duvet cover between us.

"You gonna sleep in here?" She nodded at Maddie.

"What if we don't want you to?" I asked, glancing at Maddie who was smiling already.

"Why not?" Mia asked. I smirked at Maddie before starting to tickle the little girl. "Stop. Daddy! Stop! Please!" She said between laughs. I stopped and she smiled up at me. "Can we sleep now?" We both nodded at her request.

"Night, sweetie" I said as I kissed her forehead.

"Night, mummy. Night, daddy" She replied.

"Good night, Mads. Good night, baby" I said, leaning over Mia and quickly kissing Maddie before moving down to press a kiss to her hands that were rested on her stomach over the sheets. She smiled up at me.

"Good night, Luke. I love you"

"Love you too" I smiled before reaching over to turn the lights off.