46

"So, have you had a good trip?" Luke asked as we waited for our food to come.

"I love it here. It's so chilled and relaxing" I replied. "You're so lucky to have grown up here"

"I know"

"Do you ever think about moving back?"

"I'd love to move back here. Growing up here is amazing and I want that for my future children. Having a family here would be my goal"

"Oh"

"I know it's a lot for you because your whole life is in LA but we've got a good few years before any of that"

"It would be a lot but I'd happily do it. Besides, it's not like we'd never go back to LA" He just smiled as our plates were placed in front of us. "I could also get used to this food. It's so good" I said as I took my first bite. "Tell me more about our future" He smiled as he continued eating.

"I want a cute house in the suburbs of Sydney. Not as isolated as my house was but somewhere quiet that's an escape after being in LA. I want it fully decorated by you and no one else because I know you love interior design. I want our three kids to have a huge garden with a pool and a deck and a fire pit. We'll go to the beach every weekend to spend time with the kids and we can go to the wildlife parks all the time and go surfing and live the most Australian lifestyles possible"

"I can't wait" I told him. "Where's the band in this plan?"

"I'm kind of thinking that when we get to the point in our lives where kids come into the picture that we could wind the band down. I mean I love it and I don't really know what I'd do without it but I want to be home with you and our family when it comes to it, not touring around the world away from you for months at a time"

"What would you do then?"

"I don't know. Maybe songwriting? Maybe nothing. It's something I'll figure out when it comes to it"

"At least you have your life sorted right now. I have no job and currently, I'm basically living off of you and that's the one thing I always said I didn't want to do"

"I think you should do something with interior design"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. I can't do all the work" He said chuckling to himself.

"I'm serious, Luke. I need a job"

"I think I might know someone who is hiring that does interior design"

"I kind of want to do it on my own. Like start my own business and work it from the bottom to the top"

"Then do it. I'm 100% behind you"

"I don't have the money to do it"

"I can give you the money"

"Nope"

"Think of it as a loan"

"Nope"

"Maddie"

"No, Luke. I am a strong, independent woman that doesn't need your money"

"OK, OK" He said, chuckling to himself, raising his hands in defence. "So, you've got a plan?"

"I've got a plan"