41

"I'm so tired" I complained.

"We're nearly there, I promise" Luke said as he picked up my bag and put it in the back of the car he'd booked to pick us up.

"Nearly there? We're still at the airport" I said as I walked to the car door and got in the back. Luke did the same, getting in the other side, before the driver started the car.

"Excuse me, Mr Hemmings, but am I taking you into the city or to your parents house? I've been informed that you were undecided about which location"

"Into the city please, have you got the address?"

"Yes, Mr Hemmings"

"You don't need to call me that. Luke's fine"

"Yes, sir" He said before putting his full concentration on driving.

"Are we going to your apartment?"

"Yeah, is that alright?"

"Yeah. When are we going to your parents?"

"Well the wedding is Saturday so we'll go to theirs tomorrow afternoon so we're there for the hen and stag party Thursday and the family dinner Friday" Today was Tuesday. "Then we'll come back here Sunday afternoon probably"

"I can't believe you didn't tell me Jack was getting married until last week"

"I thought they'd told you when they came over" I just rolled my eyes, chuckling lightly. "I hope you like it here. It means a lot to me obviously"

"I can't wait to see everything here and spend time with you. It's been so limited lately"

"I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault you're touring and have new music"

"It kind of is but sure"

"Yeah but I'm proud of you and I'd never expect you to put me before the band. That's your life"

"Are you serious? I will always put you before the band. You're the love of my life and I couldn't do this without you by my side so I will always put you before this life"

"Thank you"

"If someone said I had to pick between being in the band and having you, I wouldn't even have to think about it" I just smiled to myself as he took my hand in his and pressed a kiss to the back of it. "I love you, baby"

"I love you too"

***
"This is your apartment?"

"Yep"

"Oh my god. The view" I turned around from the window to look at him.

"Pretty amazing, right?"

"This place must cost a fortune"

"Nothing for you to worry about"

"I'm exhausted" I said as I flopped onto the sofa. My stomach rumbled as I sat up. "And hungry"

"How about I go get us food and then we'll get into bed and eat dinner and then sleep?"

"I really want a chicken burger"

"So McDonalds?"

"Do you guys have BBQ Chicken Legends here?"

"I don't think so"

"What? That's not OK"

"I'll just get you what sounds good"

"I'll have two of whatever" He chuckled. "I'm serious"

"Really?

"Yeah. I've barely eaten in 20 hours. Give me the burgers"

"Alright, I'll just get loads of food. I'll be about 30 minutes. Help yourself to anything you want"

"I'm gonna have a shower"

"Towels are in the cupboard next to the bathroom" I nodded and stood up from the sofa, pecking his lips as I walked past him.

"See you later" I called out as I walked into the bathroom.

***

"If you eat all of this I will be impressed" Luke said as he walked into the bedroom. I was already led in bed waiting for him to bring me food.

"What did you get?"

"A chicken clubhouse each since you can only get them here, fries each, chocolate milkshakes, a 6 box of chicken nuggets and macaroons"

"You have macaroons at McDonald's?"

"Yep, it's pretty great" I nodded in agreement.

"This is the highest amount of calories I've eaten in ages"

"It's gonna be so worth it though" He said as he laid everything out on a blanket on the bed, careful not to get any grease anywhere. I took one of the burgers and started to eat.

"This is so good. Food has never tasted this good. Who knew you could be so hungry?"

"Hunger is making you crazy"

"Baby, I already am"