30

"Oh my god, you're home" I practically squealed as I ran over to Luke as soon as I saw him stood in his bedroom, unpacking. He turned around and I wrapped my arms around his body, hugging him tightly.

"I was gone for four days"

"I missed you though" I said as I pulled back.

"I missed you too" He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Did you have a good time?" He nodded.

"Yeah, it was fun. Pretty sure Petunia had the best time out of all of us. She loved the attention"

"Awh, where is she?"

"Asleep in her bed" I nodded. "So what are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here, I just thought I'd have to call you to get you to come over"

"I had nothing else to do and I was bored so I thought I'd come over and use your Netflix account"

"Wow, really? Is that all you want me for? That's the only reason you're with me, isn't it?" He fake cried towards the end.

"Damn right, bitch. I'm a gold digging groupie"

"That could be a song" Luke said.

"Awh, you're going to write a song about me" Luke rolled his eyes but chuckled.

"So, what's on the cards for this evening?" He asked.

"Netflix, Chinese takeaway and maybe if you're lucky we can, you know" I raised my eyebrows suggestively towards the end as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Sounds good, baby"

"Is it weird that I only like it when you call me baby over text?"

"Ruined the moment but I guess so"

"I said you'd get lucky later not now. Therefore no moment was ruined. And it's much less cheesy over text"

"What? Sex?"

"You're the most frustrating person ever" I said as I leaned in to kiss him.

***

"What did you get up to whilst I was away?"

"Work mostly. Oh, I did go and make up with Becky though"

"How'd it go?"

"Good, we're talking again. We've text every day since so we're back to the good old days"

"I'm glad" It went silent between the two of us as we continued eating and watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It was our thing to watch the show whilst eating.

"You know when we first met at Coachella and we were telling each other about ourselves and I told you how I'd applied for an internship?" I said.

"Yeah, interior design, right?" I nodded.

"Well, Becky also applied after I told her I'd applied because she thought why not even though she wasn't that into interior design especially as a career and there were five places available and we hoped we'd both get it even though that was obviously unrealistic of us"

"Wait, did you get the internship?"

"No"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mads"

"It's fine. I guess it wasn't meant to be"

"Let me guess, Becky got it?" I nodded.

"I'm sorry" He said before putting his food down and hugging me.

"It's just so annoying because she wouldn't have even know about it if it wasn't for me. I sound like such a shit friend but she knew how much I wanted it"

"You'll get another chance. Now just isn't the time. Things happen for a reason"

"I know" I told him. "I was thinking though"

"That's never good" I hit his arm.

"I might start a blog"

"About what?"

"Life. Interior design. Fashion. Films. TV. Food. Everything"

"And quit your job?"

"Not yet. I'll see how it goes. You can make serious money from blogging though"

"You could become a YouTuber"

"I'm not feeling that. I don't really know about the blogging thing to be honest. I'm going to think about it a bit more"

"I think it sounds like a good idea. And if it really takes off you can travel with us because you don't have to be here for work and then I don't have to leave you here"

"The perks are definitely good"

"That's why they're perks"

"I might look at it tomorrow and see if I think it'll work or not"

"Sounds like a plan. I'll help you"

"You're the best boyfriend"

"Do I get an award?" I rolled my eyes but leaned in to kiss him. "Can we finish dinner before we start this?" I nodded and we picked up our plates again.