32

"How much stuff are you bringing?" Luke asked as he stood in my room.

"I'm moving out so pretty much everything. I hope you cleared space in your closet because I have a lot of clothes and bags"

"Why don't you look at a career in fashion?" He said as he picked up the first box. I picked up another and began to walk downstairs with him behind.

"I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I'm still thinking about it. Moving out is enough for me right now"

"Hey, Maddie" I looked up to see Calum stood on the driveway with Ashton next to him.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?"

"Calum has the biggest car so we can fit more in and they have the biggest muscles in the band" Luke said.

"Look at these guns" Ashton said, flexing his arms.

"Right, there's another nine boxes in my room, follow me"

***

"I am fed up of carrying boxes" Luke said as we dumped the last one in his house. Calum and Ashton had already sat down on the sofas whilst Luke and I brought the last two boxes in"

"We just have to unpack now" I told him. He groaned and I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry. I'll do it so I know where everything goes"

"We all deserve this" Ashton said as he opened four beers.

"We moved 11 boxes. That's not that bad" I told them as I took a seat next to Calum whilst Luke sat opposite on the other sofa with Ash.

"Yeah but your stuff weighs a tonne"

"I'm sorry but thank you for the help. And don't blame me anyway. Luke's the one that got you involved"

"Michael would've been here too but Crystal doesn't like you and didn't want him to help"

"How nice of her"

"She can be a little uptight" Calum said.

"I think she's brainwashed Michael into not liking you too"

"Oh, great"

"He seems to side with her on everything. He's not coming to your birthday party either for the same reason"

"My birthday party?" I questioned Luke.

"Just something I'm planning" He smirked.

"I don't want anything big. I'm perfectly happy spending the day on this sofa watching rom coms with you"

"Don't worry, I know what you want and I've got it covered"

"I have so much trust in you"

"Hey, guys" We turned to see Michael coming into the living room by himself. I glanced over at Luke who just shrugged.

"Hi, I thought you couldn't come" Luke said as Michael took a seat next to me.

"Crystal went out and I thought I'd come over for the welcoming party or whatever this is"

"It's four tired people who have lifted heavy boxes" Ashton said.

"Sorry, I would've helped but you know how Crystal can be sometimes"

"Why do you let her boss you around?" Luke asked. "I wouldn't let Maddie do that. No offence"

"None taken. I wouldn't tell you who to hang out with and who not to. I might tell you whether I like them or not but I'd draw the line there. I'm pretty sure she'd be pissed if I told Luke not to hang out with her"