15

"Where are you going?"

"Out"

"With Becky?" My dad asked.

"No"

"With Luke?" My mum questioned. I nodded. She smiled. "Is it a date?" I nodded again. "Awh that's cute. Isn't it, Tom? Remember when we were young and going on dates?"

"Yeah" Was all my dad said.

"Tom, can't you see Maddie really likes him? You haven't even given the boy a chance"

"I don't want to have this discussion right now" Mum rolled her eyes.

"Where are you guys going?"

"Disneyland"

"That'll be fun. Have a good time"

"We will" I made a point of saying we. "I might be home late. I don't know how long we'll stay there"

"Don't worry about it. If we see you tomorrow morning, that's OK too"

"Thank you"

"You're 21. We can't keep treating you like a child" She glanced at my father who rolled his eyes. My phone beeped and I looked to see a text from Luke.

Luke
I'm outside x

"Luke's here so I'm going now"

"Why doesn't he come to the door?" My dad questioned, trying to find a flaw.

"Probably because he feels as if he's not wanted here after the other night" I remarked before kissing my mum's cheek and leaving the house. I walked down the driveway and got into the passenger seat.

"Hey" He said. I smiled and leaned over the arm rest, pecking his lips.

"Hi"

"You excited?"

"Extremely"

"Me too"

****

"Can we go to the adventure park now?"

"I thought you wanted to ride space mountain 5000 times" He mocked me.

"Shut up" I nudged him. He chuckled before taking my hand in his. I smiled up at him as we kept walking.

"Seriously though, you want to go to the other section?"

"I want to take cute couple photos and they have good restaurants there"

"So you're hungry?"

"Yeah. They do good ice cream that side too"

"Let's go over there then"

"How about we ride space mountain one last time first?" He smiled wide and nodded as he dragged me in the direction of the ride.

***

"Those are pretty" Luke said, looking over my shoulder at the necklaces on the shelf.

"Which one do you like best?"

"This one's cute" He picked up one that had a cirle with red, black and silver Mickey Mouse head shapes in it.

"I'm going to get it" He nodded and I walked over to pay for it. Just as I was about to give the woman the money, Luke stepped in and handed it to her. "You didn't have to do that" I said as we walked out of the store.

"Yes, I did"

"No, you didn't"

"Just say thank you" He chuckled.

"Thank you" I smiled up at him. "Seriously, today's been so good. Thank you for everything" I stopped us from walking and leaned up to kiss him quickly.

"You're welcome"

"Did you want to stay and watch the fireworks or go home?"

"I'm kind of tired and I've seen the fireworks before"

"Me too. So home then?" I nodded and took a hold of his hand as we walked out of the park.