49

"Maddie, this place looks amazing. You did such a good job"

"Thank you. Sorry it took me three months"

"Worth the wait" Luke said as we walked around the house. "I love our room and I'm glad you've got the office you always wanted"

"Me too. I tried not to make things too feminine and millennial but I love that pink and the leaf prints and fake plants I'm sorry"

"It's fine. It all looks great. You did amazing"

"Thank you" I told him. "I want to show you one last room"

"What is it?"

"Well you know how you said you wanted a music room?" He nodded. I led him downstairs and into the music room.

"Ta da"

"Maddie, this is so cool. I love it" I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. "Is this all our record covers?"

"Most of them. Only the ones you had double vinyls of so I could put the covers up. I wanted you to see how far you've come"

"I love it. This might be my favourite room"

"You better not spend all your time in here" I said, playfully pointing my finger at him. He just chuckled.

"Seriously, I love all the records on the wall. It's perfect. If I'd done this it literally would've been an empty room with guitars in it"

"I even gave you a noticeboard like mine. Aren't they cute?"

"They're very you"

"And I put some photos on it for you. Look, this one's from tour six months ago when I surprised you. And these are HQ pics of you and the boys that you love. I got some off your Instagram too"

"You've put so much effort into this"

"It's really the least I could do. You bought the place and for that I am forever indebted to you"

"It's for both of us. I feel like we're starting the next chapter of our lives together"

"Speaking of the next chapter in our lives, I'm not pregnant, just to let you know"

"You're not?" I shook my head. He nodded. "OK, good. I'm not sure we're quite ready yet"

"Me neither" He smiled down at me but I couldn't help but see a slight sadness in his eyes as much as he tried to cover it up.

***
*Two days later*

"Mads, you really did good with this place" Calum said as him, Ash and Mike looked around the house. Luke had invited them over. Crystal and I got on better these days but not amazingly so she chose not to come. Calum had brought Becky though which I was glad about. They walked in the direction of the music room as Becky and I stayed in the living room.

"So you know how you thought you might be pregnant?" Becky said. I nodded, taking a sip of my drink. "Well, I have some gossip for you"

"What? You're pregnant?"

"What? No. Ssh and let me tell you" I rolled my eyes but shut up, letting her continue. "Luke must've been talking to the boys about it because Calum came home and told me that when you told Luke you weren't pregnant he was a bit disappointed"

"What?!" I nearly spat out my drink. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. That's what Calum said"

"But he said to me we weren't ready. That it was good I wasn't"