31

"So, you're not moving into your own place now?" Tia asked as we sorted through the clothes on the sale racks.

"I don't think so"

"Why not?"

"I was going to go through with it and I was about to sign the papers but it didn't feel right. Something told me I wanted to be with Luke"

"Have you told him?"

"Not yet"

"Um, you might want to turn around then" I looked at her confused before turning around to see Luke stood there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, completely confused as to why he'd showed up.

"I thought I'd come surprise you since you finish in 15 minutes"

"Awh, thank you" I kissed his cheek. "We just need to finish this"

"Maddie, go get your stuff and leave. It's 15 minutes. I'll be fine on my own"

"Are you sure?" I asked Tia.

"100%. Go" I hugged her quickly before grabbing my stuff from out back. I took Luke's hand in mine before walking out of the store with him.

"Where are we going?"

"Home"

"Why'd you come pick me up then?"

"Because you had no other way of getting home since I dropped you off"

"I could've got a bus or an uber"

"Shut up and let me be a cute boyfriend" I chuckled and nodded as I turned the aux on and the music from Luke's phone started to blare out. He turned the music down though as we pulled out onto the main road. "We need to talk" The words no one in a relationship wants to hear.

"Um, about what?" I said nervously.

"I heard what you said to Tia as I walked in"

"Oh, about me moving in?" He nodded, quickly glancing at me as he continued driving.

"So you're actually going to move in with me?"

"It doesn't feel right moving in on my own so I guess yeah, I'll live with you"

"When do you want to move in?"

"I don't mind. Whenever's easiest for you. You've got to help me move after all"

"The other question is, do you want your own room or not? I have the spare bedroom but I was kind of thinking we'd share mine"

"I was thinking the same as you so don't worry"

"Do you think we're moving too fast?" He asked.

"No. You cannot do this. Do not start doubting this. It's taken me so long to stop thinking that"

"No, I'm not doubting it. I want you to move in with me. It was just more of a thought"

"We are moving pretty fast but in case you've forgotten we had sex the first night of knowing each other"

"That is a very good point and I suddenly feel like you moving in is timed right" He said chuckling. "So, want to move in next weekend?"

"Really?" He nodded.

"I'm not busy and you only work half a day Saturday so why not?"

"Next weekend it is then"

*****

"Um, can I talk to you guys a minute?"

"Sure, what's up?" I sat down on the sofa opposite my mum and dad who were sat in the armchairs opposite me.

"So you know how I've been thinking a lot about moving out lately?" They nodded. "I've decided to move in with Luke. He's been talking about it for a while but I think it's a good idea and having my own apartment doesn't even appeal to me anymore"

"You're moving in with Luke?" My mum asked. I nodded. "When?"

"Um, next weekend"

"So soon?"

"I'm sorry"

"You're an adult. It's your choice on what you do and I'm happy for you and I'm proud that you're finally taking the next step and moving out"

"Thank you" I said as I quickly hugged my mum as we both stood up. I turned to my dad. "Dad?"

"You know I'm not going to feel 100% OK with this but Luke loves you and I know he'll take care of you. I'm proud of you too, Mads. This all feels like the first step to the rest of your life" I smiled and hugged him.