13

"Have you and Luke been talking a lot?" Becky asked.

"We spoke a couple of days ago. They're stuck on a song or something and really want to get it done" She nodded. "Have you heard from Calum?"

"No. And I saw photos of him leaving some club with another girl. I'm just glad we didn't have sex. Obviously I was just some fun for the weekend"

"I'm sorry, B"

"Don't sweat it. Besides, this guy came into the cafe the other day and he was really hot. He gave me his number and seemed really nice so I might text him"

"Then we can double date"

"Are you and Luke even singularly dating?"

"We're going out Wednesday" She just nodded.

"Girls, dinner" We went downstairs and into the dining room that was filled with Becky's family and mine. We often had dinners like this. We were a close knit group.

***

"So who else did you guys see?"

"We saw Beyoncé and 5 seconds of summer. Oh and Kendrick Lamar and DJ Khaled. And some other smaller acts" Becky told our families. She continued talking about the weekend whilst I was texting Luke.

Luke
I'm so tired

Me
Go to bed then

Luke
It's only 8

Me
So? Fuck time if you're tired

Luke
Work was so stressful. Management were yelling at us because we couldn't work the song out

Me
Tell them to fuck off

Luke
Sadly we're under contract

Me
Still

Luke
I might take your advice and go to bed. I've never been more tired in my life.

Me
Good

Luke
Mike messaged me asking to go out
Should I?

Me
Sleep

Luke
You're right. I'm so fucking exhausted. I'm gonna watch a film then sleep

Me
Night, babe xx

Luke
Finally returning the pet names I see

Me
Only fair

Luke
Like you 😘

Me
Like you too 😘 xx

I put my phone down and joined in the conversation. Ten minutes later there was a knock at the door. My mum stood up to go and answer it. You could only hear faint talking and I had no chance of working out who it was. After a couple of minutes the door closed and my mum stepped back into the living room but followed by someone else.

"Maddie, I believe he's here for you" I stood up as fast as lightening as I realised who was stood in the living room. I practically ran over to him before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling his head down closer to mine. He chuckled at my hastiness as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He leaned down and pecked my lips.