16

"Welcome to my humble abode" Luke unlocked the door and we stepped into his apartment. I followed him into the living room and ditched my backpack on the floor beside the sofa.

"I like it" I told him.

"My ex helped me decorate it. I can't take all the credit"

"Did she live here?"

"No, she was here a lot though. Well when she wasn't cheating on me"

"Let's not talk about her" I said. I honestly didn't want to discuss his previous relationship. Especially since it's more recent than mine.

"You need to meet someone" He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me into an adjoining room. He pulled me in front of him and used one hand to cover my eyes.

"What are you on about?" I asked as we kept walking. As Luke stepped into the room I heard a bark. He took his hand away from my eyes and I saw a dog pen by the window. Luke opened it and a dog ran out and over to Luke's feet. He crouched down and rubbed the dogs head. I briefly remembered Luke saying he had a dog.

"Maddie, meet Petunia" I sat down, crossing my legs, beside him.

"Hi" I said and she rested her head on my lap and looked up at me excitedly. I rubbed behind her ears and squeezed her face slightly. "What breed is she?"

"Bulldog terrier mix"

"She's the cutest thing ever" I cooed.

"I think she likes you" Luke said as Petunia laid on her back and looked up at me expectingly as she panted.

"Well I love her" I said as I rubbed her belly.

"Do you want a drink?" Luke asked, standing up and walking into what I assumed was the kitchen.

"Sure" I stood up and followed him. I heard footsteps and saw Petunia was following us.

"Do you want some dinner?" Luke asked the dog, putting a bowl in front of her. She instantly started eating. "Here" Luke passed me a bottle of water. I thanked him before we went back into the living room.

"You're good staying the night, right?"

"Yeah, that's fine"

"We'll have to share a bed"

"So?" Luke smirked before pulling me onto the sofa and wrapping his arms around me.

"I had a good time today"

"Me too"

"So, have we been on enough dates now?"

"I think we might need one more"

"Three dates isn't enough?"

"Maybe it's enough"

"Let's find out. Maddie, will you be mine?"

"Oh my god, that was so fucking cheesy"

"Maddie" He whined, resting his head on my shoulder.

"OK, OK. I'll be your girlfriend"

"I really like you, Maddie"

"I really like you too" He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. His hands roamed my sides as I rested mine on his chest. He deepened the kiss and ran his tongue along my bottom lip. He squeezed my waist, making me gasp and allowing him to slip his tongue past my lips. I moved so that I was straddling his lap and wrapped my arms around his waist. He stood up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He carried us into his bedroom and put me down on the bed. I pushed his top up and over his head.

"Are you sure?" He asked as he pulled away, breathless.

"Completely" He smiled and pecked my lips as he placed his hands either side of my head.