10

"Let's get some food" I told him. We bought a couple of sandwiches for later and a hot dog each for now along with several bottles of water before heading out of the festival and into a field. "Do you know where we're going?"

"See that hill in the distance?" I nodded. "There" We began our walk towards the hill, eating and barely talking.

"You want the rest of this? I'm full" He nodded and ate the other half of my hot dog. After about 20 minutes of small talk and walking we made it to the hill. "That hill does not look that steep from back there"

"I'd carry you but I can barely get up this hill alone"

"I have no energy to do this"

"Change of plan. We go around the hill and on the other side there's a clearing?"

"Much better" I followed his lead and we ended up in a clear area as he said. I sat down on the grass and crossed my legs. We sat in silence for a few minutes before I spoke up. "What happens after today?"

"What do you mean? We've got tomorrow morning"

"Well after then then"

"I don't want this to be it between us. We're good friends and I don't want to forget about you. I probably couldn't even if I tried"

"We're just friends?"

"Um, I don't know. I didn't know what to call us and I didn't know if you just wanted to be friends so I panicked and-" I cut him off by kissing him. "Sorry"

"Keep rambling. It means I get to keep cutting you off" He chuckled.

"We'll stay together. We'll be OK"

"We'll stay together? We're just friends, aren't we?"

"What do you want to be?"

"You're a full time rockstar and I'm a part time sales assistant. I really don't think we're going to work out that well. We'll never see each other"

"The only times we won't see each other are when we're on tour or I visit my family at home. I live in LA and so do you so there won't be any problems there"

"But-"

"I'm not even close to touring right now. We're still writing and recording so the album hasn't even come out. If we're going to try a relationship then now is the time"

"Let's go on a proper date and then we'll see"

"Why can't we just be boyfriend and girlfriend now?"

"Because I don't feel like I know you enough. I don't even know if that's what I want yet"

"We keep kissing constantly. If being together isn't what you want, you're not very good at showing it"

"I want to be with you but what if once I get to know you I don't"

"I'm amazing" He flicked his imaginary long hair over his shoulder. "Fine. Second date when we get back to LA and then we'll see. Deal?"

"Deal" I agreed.

"Maybe deal can be our always"

"Oh my god, no, stop. Cheesy as fuck. I can't"