44

"Hey, do you know where my shirt is?" Luke asked as he walked into the bedroom from the en-suite. We had dinner with his family last night in the hotel where the wedding reception is taking place so we all stayed here last night and will again tonight.

"In the wardrobe" I told him.

"Holy shit, you look so fucking hot" I turned, raising an eyebrow at him. "I mean beautiful" He said. I just rolled my eyes, laughing slightly at him.

"You don't look too bad yourself"

"My hair is actually looking decent"

"Yeah, it's the first time in a while you haven't looked a wreck"

"Hey! That's mean. I'm hot as fuck"

"Sure, babe" He raised an eyebrow before walking over to me and pushing me onto the bed. "Don't! You'll crease my outfit" He just smirked as he leaned over me and lowered his head to my neck.

"Luke, are you guys up?" Someone shouted through the door. Luke pulled away and stood up, walking over to the door and opening it. "Oh good, you are" Liz said.

"Yeah, we're getting ready" He said as I stood up and brushed my jumpsuit off before walking over to them.

"Morning, Maddie"

"Hi, Liz" I said.

"Luke, you need to get ready. Putting a shirt on would be a good place to start"

"Maddie took forever in the bathroom before me. I literally just got out" He complained.

"You guys have an hour to finish getting ready. Meet you guys in the lobby for the car to the beach" We nodded before she left.

"Your mum seems stressed"

"I know. She gets like this when she's got a lot going on. She's pretty much planned this whole thing was Celeste and she'll kill us if we're the reason we're even a second late"

"Then we best get ready. I need to finish my make up and do my hair" I said. "And you need to put a shirt on"

"I've got plenty of time. You're nowhere near ready"

***

"Just to let you know, we are not having a beach wedding" I said as I clung onto Luke's arm as we walked across the sand towards the chairs. "Fucking beaches with their stupid fucking sand" Luke just chuckled as my foot twisted in the sand. "Don't laugh"

"I told you not to wear heels"

"It's a wedding, heels are necessary especially when your boyfriend and his groom brother are a foot taller than you and you need to not look 2 feet tall"

"You'll always be small to me" He said and I just rolled my eyes as we started to walk down the aisle between the seats, approaching the front row where we were sitting. "Ugh, I've got sand in my shoes"

"Awh, you poor baby"

"Oh, fuck you" He said quietly.

"Luke! It's so good to see you! It's been so long" We stopped as two older people approached us. Luke hugged them both before stepping beside me again and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Aunt Jennie, Uncle Matt, this is Maddie, my girlfriend"

"It's nice to meet you, dear" Jennie said, smiling at me but I could tell it wasn't genuine. She glanced down at my outfit, looking me up and down. "So how long have you two been together?"

"A few months" I replied.

"And you've brought her to the wedding?" She asked Luke. "You two must be pretty serious. How does your mum feel about it?"

"What do you mean?" Luke asked. I could sense his temper growing the more we spoke to them.

"Well, it's just that you're living in LA now and she's missing out on so much of your life and Maddie's American which keeps you there more. She always used to tell me that she was worried you'd get taken advantage of by someone just after the fame and the money"

"Jennie" Matt said, almost warning her to stop talking.

"Maddie's the most genuine girl I've ever met, it's one of the reasons we're together and mum loves Maddie so we're always happy to come visit or FaceTime her as often as she likes. They talk more than I do with my mum half the time" Luke defended. I rubbed his arm slightly, signalling for us to go. "Anyway, we better go take our seats, should be starting soon" He finished.

"It was nice meeting you, Maddie" Matt said, smiling slightly. I just nodded as Luke and I finished walking to our seats.

"I can literally feel how much everyone here hates me" I told Luke as we took our seats in the front row.

"Who gives a shit. The only ones that matter are us. My family love you so don't worry about what they all think. You're the light of my life, you know that" I smiled up at him and quickly pecked his lips before Jack walked over to us along with Ben.