27

"So, are you and Ashton still awkward?"

"As ever" Bryana said as we ate our lunch. "That pizza looks so good"

"Want some?"

"I shouldn't. I already work out every day. I don't need or want to add more cardio to my workout"

"One bite isn't going to hurt"

"Fine" She said before picking up the slice and taking a bite. "This is fucking incredible"

"Eat the whole slice" She just nodded and kept eating. "Anyway, you and Ashton"

"Right, yeah. I still like him and I wish we hung out more but it's just so awkward and the second we're seen together everyone starts to think we're together again. I'd at least like to be friends. It's difficult"

"You guys would be cute together"

"We could double date"

"I can see Ash being up for it, not sure about Luke"

"How are things with you and Luke anyway?"

"Good. He keeps bringing up me moving in and I really don't know what to do. We've only been together a few weeks but I really want to move out of my parents' house"

"Have you told him all this?"

"Yeah. I want to just move into my own place and get used to living alone but I think Luke will feel offended and get upset if I move into my own place"

"I think he'd be OK about it. I understand what you're saying about living alone. You need to be independent at some point"

"I found an apartment near his. It's pretty cheap and I can afford it so I might look at that. I'm free to leave whenever I want too so if I change my mind it won't matter too much"

"Talk to Luke. Let him know your plans"

"I just don't want to end up getting a place then spending half my time at Luke's. That's what makes me think I might as well move in with him but it all feels too quick"

"I wouldn't worry about how long you've been together. Just focus on your feelings and if you'd feel comfortable living with him"

"I wish I knew what to do. I overthink everything way too much"

"Why don't you just try living with him for a few days? You don't even need to tell him that's what you're doing, he wouldn't think anything of you staying every night for a few days"

"That's not a bad idea"

"What are friends for?" She said. "Do you want both those slices?"

"You can have one"

"You can have some of my salad if you want"

"I'm good, thanks" I said, laughing slightly as I did.

"I wish I could eat more carbs. Carbs are the best"

"Preach it, sister"

***

"Um, hi, are you Luke's girlfriend?" Bryana and I turned to see two girls stood behind us.

"Yeah, that's me"

"Could we get a photo with you?" The other girl asked.

"Um, sure" I said. Bryana took their phone and took a photo of all of us before we took a selfie of the four of us.

"Thank you so much. You guys are so nice"

"You're really pretty too"

"Thank you" Bryana and I said before hugging them as they walked away.