33

I woke up to an empty bed on Luke's side. I frowned slightly as I looked around seeing the room immaculate and no sign of him anywhere in here, not even the shower was running from the en-suite. I sighed and grabbed my phone, taking it off charge, and seeing a few messages and tagged posts from friends and family. I smiled and decided to look later. I got out of bed and walked out into the living room, hoping that Luke was in there. I saw nothing in the room at all. I decided to go into the kitchen and see if he was there, hoping he would be. I stepped inside and saw him stood over the stove, frying bacon.

"Good morning" I said as I sat at one of the bar stools at the island. He turned around, finally noticing me.

"Shit, you're up? Already?" I nodded, chuckling at his reaction. "This is not what I planned. Could you go back to bed whilst I finish preparing?"

"Luke, don't worry about it"

"It's your birthday though. I have a plan and you'd love it and say it was super cute and then we'd kiss and cuddle and maybe more. I don't know but I wanted you to wake up to it"

"How about we have breakfast, I'll take a shower and get ready and whilst I do that, you do whatever you need to do?"

"Just bare in mind my original plan would've been much better" I nodded as he started to butter bread that was on our plates.

"Do you want coffee?" I asked him.

"Actually, I got you this" He grabbed a jug out of the microwave and poured the liquid into a mug. "It's a vanilla bean latte from Starbucks but I had to reheat it"

"You didn't have to do this" He just shrugged before placing the plate and mug in front of me. "Bon appetite"

"You know me so well" I said as I looked down at the bacon sandwich on the plate.

"Happy birthday, Mads"

"Thank you" I replied as he sat beside me at the island. I kissed his cheek before we ate in silence.

***

"Can I come out now?" I asked. Luke had made me stay in the bedroom an extra 20 minutes so we could finish setting everything up.

"Yeah, come out here please" I pushed the door open and walked into the living room where I saw a bunch of balloons and flowers sat on the coffee table with two big silver foil balloons behind spelling out '22'.

"Happy birthday!" He shouted as I walked over to him. I hugged him before looking at what was on the table.

"Becky said your favourite flowers were tulips, especially the bright coloured ones, and Tia said you loved pecan and caramel chocolates so I got you them. And the balloons. I thought you'd appreciate them"

"Thank you. You didn't have to get me any of this"

"You think this is it?" I nodded, not seeing any other presents. I was perfectly happy with what he'd already given me. The effort and thought he'd put into these presents just to calling my friends meant the world to me. "Come with me" I followed him into the bedroom before we stopped. "Cover your eyes please" He passed me a scarf of mine. I wrapped it around my head before turning around so he could tie it up. "Can you see?"

"Not at all"

"Good" He took a hold of my hand and we slowly and careful walked into another room being signalled by the sound of a door opening. I assumed it was either the walk in wardrobe or the bathroom. We took a few steps into the room before Luke turned me so I was facing the way he needed me to be. "This is your second present" He pulled on the scarf, making the bow unravel, and he pulled it off and dropped it on the floor. We were in the walk-in-wardrobe as I had half suspected. I looked ahead at the shelf in front of me that was on my side of the wardrobe and saw six new handbags and purses as well as several new items of clothing.

"Oh my god" I said as I walked closer, inspecting each bag. "This must've cost you s fortune. These bags are expensive" I exclaimed as I noticed the brands written on each bag. There was a mixture of Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Dolce and Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger and Fendi. "I can't accept all this. It's too much"

"It honestly didn't cost that much. I promise you"

"Tell me how much it all cost"

"You don't tell people how much their presents cost" He said chuckling.

"Luke" I whined.

"A few of thousand. Like $3,000 overall. Most of them were reduced because they were in the sale. That wasn't what I intended though. I was going to pay full price but when I went to actually buy them the prices had dropped"

"That's way too much money"

"Maddie, I wanted to give you all this. Don't worry about it. It's your birthday and I've kind of noticed your obsession with bags and I couldn't think of anything you'd love more than more bags"

"I don't need them all though"

"I can't return them. They were in the sale"

"Thank you, I really do appreciate it. I just hate how much money you spend on me"

"Please don't worry about it too much" I nodded even though I knew it would continue to bother me.

"That's it though, right?"

"Um, not really"

"Luke, no"

"So you know how you love the Kardashians and you love Balmain after seeing it on the Kardashians?" I nodded. "Well, the clothes here are Balmain" He said. I'd barely paid attention to the clothes, too obsessed with the bags. I stepped to the side and looked at the tags seeing Balmain written on all of them.

"Luke" I whined.

"Stop whining. I know you love it"

"I do but I know how much this all costs"

"I didn't pay for any of the clothes. Our stylist happens to somehow have a contact at Balmain and I got it all for you. I had to pay a little bit but it didn't even cover one of the items. Same with the Gucci bags. She's worked at a lot of good places"

"That makes me feel a little better"

"I thought it would"

"I really do appreciate all of this. I don't want you to think I'm not grateful. I love it all. I'm just not used to you throwing your money on me after only three months of us being together"

"I know. I knew it would be difficult for you to receive all this at once. I wanted to buy you more but I didn't want to make you horribly uncomfortable with the idea of how much money was spent"

"Thank you for everything. I really do love it. But next year flowers and chocolate will do" He smiled and nodded before leaning down the press his lips to mine. We pulled away a minute or so later. "Is this the bag from when we went to Rodeo Drive and you tried to persuade me to get something?"

"Yeah, when you walked off and looked at the rest of the shop I picked it up and bought it for you"

"What if I had decided I wanted it then?"

"I knew you wouldn't"

"Well, thank you. I am extremely grateful" I said before kissing him once again.