Rey's training

Luke began training Rey as a Jedi in Ahch-To.

Rey's first part of training was using the Force to lift rocks and pebbles on the ground. Luke and Rey both sat on a green meadow, where there was an abundance of rocks and small pebbles. Stone steps leading up to the temple stood a few metres behind them. Rey and Luke both touched the ground while closing their eyes to try and lift the pebbles.

"All right, Rey. Since you have not trained as a Jedi in a very long time, we are going to start training from the basics. We're going to try and lift the pebbles around here using the Force. Clear your mind. Focus on the pebbles and nothing else" said Luke.

Closing her eyes and touching the ground, Rey focused on the pebbles. She managed to lift some of the pebbles off the ground for a few seconds, before they fell.

"Now work on keeping the pebbles up for one minute" said Luke.

Rey closed her eyes again and touched the ground, attempting to raise the pebbles. The pebbles hovered in the air. However, visions of Kylo killing Han, of her duel against Kylo, and her discovery of her Jedi heritage came to Rey's head. She dropped the pebbles again after a few seconds.

"Once again, clear your mind, Rey. Do not focus on anything but the rocks" said Luke.

Rey began taking deep breaths. She calmed herself down and touched the rocky ground once again, focusing on the rocks. The small rocks, along with the pebbles, began to float in the air, and they stayed hovering for one minute, before falling back on the ground.

"Very good, Rey. You pick up this stuff quickly. It is evident from your skills that you are powerful in the Force. Before we move on to the other parts of your training, I would like you to lift the bigger rocks and keep them in the air as long as you can" said Luke.

Rey closed her eyes once again and touched the ground. Focusing on the larger rocks and clearing her mind, she managed to float them up on the air. The rocks stayed in the air for five minutes, before Rey dropped them.

Luke stood beside Rey, clapping his hands.

"Great job Rey. That's enough for today, it is getting dark. Let's go" said Luke.

Rey and Luke walked up the stone steps to the temple.

"I'm just going to check on Chewie and BB-8" said Rey.

"I'll join you" said Luke.

Rey and Luke walked past the Jedi Temple's round stone buildings and down some other steps to the slopes Ahch-To coastline, where Chewbacca played with the porgs. R2-D2 stood at the top of the coast.

"Looks like Chewie is enjoying himself" said Rey.

Chewbacca chased the porgs around as they flew around him and squealed. Chewie roared playfully at the furry creatures. He grabbed a rock and hurled it a few metres, and two of the porgs chased the rock squawking.

Rey walked over to one of the porgs, which turned around to face her with its black, beady eyes. She bent over and petted the animal softly on the head. The porg squealed approvingly.

Rey grabbed a rock from the ground and hurled it to the right of the porg. The animal squealed as it chased the rock and caught it with its mouth. Rey smiled.

"These animals are so cute" said Rey.

Luke eyed Rey behind her, happy that she was enjoying herself.

Luke and Rey stayed in the coast for some time, before nightfall rolled around. They then went to the Millennium Falcon to have dinner.

In one of the rooms of the Falcon, there stood a rectangular metal portable kitchen next to the wall.