[13]

Jackson:

I took a big sip of my beer and closed my eyes for some seconds. The wind blew my blonde hair out of my face and cooled me down a bit. Namjoon, Jaebum and Yugyeom were sitting next to me on the benches next to the school's swimming pool.

I still couldn't believe what Mark had told me earlier. He was pregnant and I should be the father. No, absolutely not. I wasn't the father of this baby. This was impossible. As if I would just believe him.

Ok, we had sex without protection and I couldn't deny that but that didn't automatically make me the father of this child. Who knew with whom Mark already had sex? As if I was the only one.

I knew that I had offered him my money if he wanted it but of course I wasn't stupid enough to give him money before we had made a paternity test. If he didn't, he wouldn't get any won.

"So what are you going to do? You know that Mark needs your support." Namjoon said and I laughed humourless. "He only needs a kick in his ass." I mumbled and my best friend hit my arm.

My friendship with Namjoon had changed since I knew that he had found out about Mark's pregnancy before I did and hadn't told me. He said he wanted to give Mark the chance to do it by himself but I still felt a bit betrayed.

"Jackson please. You can't kick a pregnant man." Jaebum said in his typical father-like tone. "As if I care. He deserves more than just a kick in his ass." I crossed my arms and earned another hit from Namjoon.

"Don't you wanna protect your child?" The youngest of us asked a bit innocently and I sighed. "No one can proof that it's mine. And even if it was, I would never protect it." I drank another sip of the beer.

Yugyeom just nodded, probably not understanding my behaviour. Jaebum just shook his head and Namjoon kinda looked like he was about to slap me. Why was he so upset whenever I talked bad about Mark or the baby?

My first idea was a crush or even that they were dating but that actually wasn't possible. Namjoon had already been in a relationship for nearly five years now and Jin was his everything and he would never hurt him.

"How can you be so heartless?" My best friend asked and I looked at him. "What's your damn problem, Namjoon? You've never had anything to do with Mark so why do you care about him and this child so much?" I asked back in anger.

Jaebum put his hand on my shoulder to hold me back. "It doesn't matter why I care. But I do. Mark isn't a bad guy and every baby deserves protection, if born or not. And since you won't do anything, I will." He sighed.

I slowly got the feeling that there was more behind the taller protecting Mark. As if he just did that because he felt responsible because he was best friend and I was actually giving a shit about this kid.

"You should really stop being so mean to Mark. It doesn't matter if it's your child or if you want it. Bullying a pregnant boy is immoral. He shouldn't be stressed too much. And I know that you know that." JB looked at me completely serious.

Of course, my friends knew that I wouldn't really hit the nerd because he was carrying a child. I did a lot of stupid and even very horrible things but I would never do something like this. That would be against my priorities.

But just because I wouldn't touch him, didn't mean that I would treat him better than I did before. Nothing had changed between us. And I also didn't want anyone to suspect that something had happened.

"Youngjae told me that Mark is not going to keep his pregnancy a secret." My black-haired friend suddenly said and I raised my eyebrows. Would he really not hide his pregnancy? Didn't he care about what people would say?

"Why should I care? It's his life. And no one can proof it's mine." I said in a relaxed tone. "Well, we know." Yugyeom stated. "Don't tell anyone, especially not BamBam or I will murder you." I looked at him.

The younger quickly nodded and looked on his bottle. "If you're really not the father, who is is then?" My best friend asked me. I just shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe this Jinyoung guy." I mumbled.

I actually didn't really think that I couldn't the father. It was possible but I didn't want to believe him just because he said it. Maybe he thought I would stop bullying him if he told me I was the father.

Honestly, I didn't know what I would do. My thoughts were a mess and although I had said some terrible things tonight, I wasn't sure if I actually meant them. For now, I would just act like nothing had ever happened.

 —

And we're back here!

I had some time left and thought it couldn't hurt to update because I really don't want to take too long.

Well, I've finished writing my Seungwooseok OS but I'm somehow not satisfied and I still have to edit some parts in the middle because it doesn't really sound good and I also feel like the pace of this part is kinda weird. I dont really know what disturbs me but I still might upload it later today or tomorrow.

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading 🖤