[63]

Mark:

It was still dark outside when I woke up. The small lamp on the nightstand was lighting up Jinyoung's bedroom. A short glance on the alarm clock told me that it was short after five in the morning.

I was still laying on my best friend's thigh with the blanket tightly wrapped around me. I looked up to the younger male and noticed that he had to have stayed in the same position the whole night.

His regular breathing told me he was sleeping and I immediately felt sorry that he had slept in a sitting position because I had laid on his leg. One of my friend's arms was wrapped around my belly.

I carefully stroked a strand of raven hair behind his ear and couldn't stop myself from admiring the perfect facial features of the younger male who was peacefully sleeping and looked like an angel.

His perfect eyes which were closed now, his pale skin, his cheekbones, his slightly parted lips and a sharp jawline that could cut diamonds. Park Jinyoung was probably the most handsome man I had ever seen.

Of course, this wasn't the first time I had looked at the other but I rarely took some time to observe every single detail of his face. The light of the bedside lamp gave his face a soft golden glow.

Jinyoung was an angel who protected me with all his powers. He gave so much to make me happy and make sure that I was feeling good. Sometimes, I even feared that I didn't give him enough back.

My fingers softly caressed his cheek and wandered down to his plump lips. His warm breath lightly tickled my thumb while it slowly stroked over his lower lip which was incredibly soft.

The younger started to move in his sleep so I quickly removed my hand from his face and hoped that he hadn't noticed what I had done during the last minutes although I knew that he wouldn't mind.

The sleeping boy slowly opened his eyes and looked around in the room. He yawned loudly before his gaze fell down on me. His eyes met mine and a tired but beautiful smile grew on his lips.

"Good morning." Jinyoung leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead. I smiled at my best friend. "How did you sleep?" He asked me then and used ran one through his hair.

"I've slept good but what about you? Does your back hurt?" I looked at him with worry in my eyes but the younger just chuckled and shook his head. "It doesn't hurt. Don't worry about me." He answered.

The raven-haired male looked down on his hand which was placed on my belly. He softly stroked over it and grinned. "She kicked me last night." He laughed softly and removed his hand so I could sit up.

"She does that a lot at night. Hopefully, she didn't keep you awake." I leaned my back against the wall and looked at the younger. "Don't worry. I fell asleep some minutes after you." He told me with a smile.

Jinyoung got up from the bed and stretched his body before he looked at me. "I know it's very early but do you want some breakfast? I can make pancakes if you want." He suggested and I nodded happily.

My best friend made the absolute best pancakes in the entire world and he was always ready to make them for me. "Yes please." I answered and grinned at him. The younger chuckled.

"What about breakfast in bed?" He asked me with a small but very adorable grin. "Sounds perfect." I smiled at the other male who gave me another quick kiss on my cheek before he left the bedroom.

I stayed in bed and stared down on the blanket on my lap. My life was an emotional rollercoaster and I couldn't do anything against it. It was frustrating and I really felt like screaming in a pillow.

I had decided that I definitely wanted to forget about my feelings for Jackson. It was definitely better for friendship and I partly didn't even know why I had fallen in love with him.

He treated me much nicer than before and we had also shared a few cute moments when it came to my baby. We were friends and lived in the same house at the moment but in the end he was still the same person like before.

He probably just played the nice guy because he didn't want risk that something happened to the baby. I was happy that he showed some interest in her but also hurt me that I possibly had a crush on a mask.

Jinyoung had told me that Jackson still bullied other kids in school and I didn't see any reason why my best friend would lie to me. He was the only person I trusted with absolutely no doubt.

I sighed heavily and looked at the white ceiling. All those thoughts were stressing me a lot and I partly regretted that I had gotten up this morning. I should have slept the whole day.

I flinched a bit when the door of the bedroom opened. My best friend walked in a placed a small tray with pancakes and chocolate milk on the bedside table before he sat down next to me.

"Are you OK?" He asked me softly. I nodded a bit and looked at the younger. He handed me the plate and I started to eat the food he had made for me. The warm pancakes made me feel better immediately.

"I'm alright. I was just thinking about stuff." I answered him and ate another piece of my breakfast. Jinyoung looked at me with worry in his eyes. "Stuff?" He asked me although he probably knew what I meant.

I nodded in response. "Yeah. About Jackson and about what you've said. That he hasn't changed and still bullies others. Maybe I've just fallen in love with a role he's playing." I looked down.

The younger placed his hand on my shoulder. "Don't take me too serious. I've said that he still treats others bad but he probably really feels sympathy for you. Maybe you just have to give him time." He smiled.

I was surprised that he said something like that although he didn't like Jackson at all. It seemed like he ignored his own feelings towards the Chinese male to make sure that I could be happy.

"And even if he doesn't, you will get over it someday and then you will find someone who loves you with all your edges and who accepts your princess like his own." Jinyoung patted my shoulder.

I smiled at his comforting words. He always managed it to take all my worries away and make me believe that my future would be great and that I had the chance to live a happy life with someone who loved me.

I carefully placed the plate on the tray again before I pulled Jinyoung into a tight hug. He seemed a bit surprised at first but hugged me back after a short moment. "Thank you." I whispered.

I didn't know what I would do without Jinyoung. He was my best friend and the one who supported me my whole life. He had been there since I found out about my pregnancy.

He had been there when I went through all the ups and downs and he always made sure that I was happy. I couldn't thank him enough for all the things he had done for me and what he would in the future.

I cuddled closer to his warm body while he held me tightly and pressed a soft and sweet kiss on the top of my head. I inhaled his scent and closed my eyes. No matter how often I hugged Jinyoung, it always felt like home.

He was my family and the only one who had never left me alone and I was pretty sure that he would be there for my little girl too. And on sometimes I even wished Jinyoung was her father but unluckily this possibility wasn't that big.

When I first wrote this chapter, I considered making this a Markjin story 🙃

But don't worry, I won't change anything.

And sorry for the slow updates. The lower part of my phone display is black and I can't see the lower part of my keyboard. It works but it's also a little annoying.

Thank you for reading 💛