[57]

Mark:

I was very nervous when I walked into the nicely decorated living room of my parents' house. My siblings were already there and I was happy to see them again. But on the other side, I was afraid to see my father.

We hadn't seen each other during the last months because I knew he didn't like it to see me with my belly. That's why I was wearing one of Jackson's hoodies which was able to cover my belly a bit.

My dad had Kylie on his lap and the little girl smiled when she spotted me. "Merry Christmas, uncle Mark!" She jumped from my father's lap and ran over to me. I tried my best to get down on my knees to hug her.

I loved it to see my little nieces whenever I could. They were always so cheerful and made me forget about the stress in my life. It was good to have at least two people who didn't only see my pregnancy.

Kylie and Leila had noticed that my belly was growing from time to time and Tammy and I had tried our best to explain to them what was happening with me. They couldn't wait to have a cousin who could play with them.

Tammy was the only of my siblings who I saw regularly. She supported me as much as she could and gave me advice whenever I asked her for. Grace unluckily lived in another town and Joey was living with my parents.

I knew that my mom missed me sometimes but I also knew that my dad didn't really want to see me. At least not until the baby was born. But it was Christmas and my mother wanted me to be there.

I carefully got up from the floor which took me some tries and sat down on the sofa on which my brother-in-law and Leila were sitting on. The little girl quickly moved over to me and sat down on my lap.

I smiled at her and stroked through her dark hair. "Hi Bro." I looked over to Joey who had greeted me. I happily greeted him back because I was actually excited to see my little brother again.

He also had some problems because of me. My brother went to the same high school and some of my "bullies" also insulted him sometimes. And although it was actually some kind of my fault, he wasn't angry at me.

I looked over to my father who was talking to my aunt. He hadn't greeted me. I sighed quietly. He always showed me that he was completely against my pregnancy. And it hurt me a lot.

I didn't like it that my relationship with my parents had changed so much but I knew that I had made this decision. I was going to have a child and I had always known the consequences.

I looked down at Leila who was staring at me with her big brown eyes. "Why are you sad uncle Mark?" She asked me curiously. I smiled softly and pressed a short kiss on the top of her head.

"Don't worry. I'm not sad, I'm just hungry." I hoped that she would believe this little lie. Normally, I didn't lie to my nieces but I didn't want to make them think bad of my father. He was still their grandpa.

The little girl on my lap nodded slowly and quickly got up. "You can't be hungry. The baby has to eat. I ask grandma if the food is done." She said and ran into the kitchen. It was so cute how she tried to take care of her cousin.

I leaned back and looked around in the living room. Everything here was so familiar but it still felt so strange to be here. The mood wasn't like it used to be before I had told my parents about the baby.

Sometimes I felt like I shouldn't had told them but I knew that this idea was stupid. They would have found it out sooner or later anyway. It would have caused more problems if they had found it out later.

"So how is it at this guy's home?" My father suddenly asked me. I looked up to him and sighed. Why did he always have to talk about Jackson like he was a bad person? My dad didn't even know him.

"His name is Jackson. And it's great there. His parents are really nice and they like it to have me there." I told him. He had probably hoped that I would tell him that I wanted to come back home.

But I wouldn't do him this favor. I didn't want to live with my parents again. Of course, I loved my mom, my dad and my brother but I couldn't move back here. My father didn't want me to have the baby but I wanted to keep her.

She should live together with me and I wanted to take care of her and give her all my love. And I knew that my father wouldn't allow me to raise her in his house so I would definitely stay with Jackson.

"Well, that's good to hear." My dad mumbled and seemed to be a bit disappointed at my answer. And honestly, I was actually proud of myself because I had answered him confidently.

"I know it surprises you that some people can accept me although I'm already having a baby." I told him in a sassy tone and crossed my arms. My father seemed a bit shocked about my attitude but stayed calm.

"That's how you can call it. Everyone has an own opinion." He answered and drank his coffee. I looked down at my hands and played with my hoodie. The mood between me and my father was sinking.

But luckily Grace noticed what happened and sat down next to me to distract me a bit. "So how's the little one?" She asked me. I smiled softly and stroked my belly. "She's great." I said.

We didn't see each other often but she supported me as much as she could and I was very thankful that she also didn't judge me. She still looked at me as her little brother and not as a pregnant teen.

I was happy that I could spend Christmas with my whole family but it also made me a little bit sad because being at my actual house made me realize how much time had passed since I was here the last time.

My parents' house was the place which I had called "home" my whole life. But then I had made a little mistake which changed my life completely and my father had kinda disowned me.

I didn't regret it that I kept the baby. Other people - and my dad - probably said it was sad that so many teens were careless and became parents but for me the only sad thing was that someone else's house was more like home than my own.

Hello everyone!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I was actually kind of confused when Mark addressed the baby as female because I completely forgot that the gender had been revealed ^^

Thank you for reading! 💙