[18]

Mark:

I entered my house and closed the door. Finally, this day was over and luckily nothing else had happened after the incident with the chocolate milk and I was happy that no one seemed to have noticed.

The guy who ran into me had excused himself and Jinyoung had been extremely sceptical when I had come back with a clean jacket which wasn't mine. I had told him that it was Jackson's which had surprised my friend.

I was still wearing the black jacket and I had to admit that it was very comfortable so I hadn't given it back to him. The fabric was soft and warm and the smell of his cologne was still present.

Of course, I would give him the jacket back tomorrow. It would be weird if I kept it. Although I really thought about it. Or maybe I would better wash it before I gave it back to him.

I walked into my room and placed my bag next to the table before I finally got out of my jeans and put on a sweatpants. I thought about taking a clean hoodie out of the closet but decided to keep the jacket on.

My parents were at home and I knew that they were waiting for to go downstairs and tell them how my day had been. Just like everyday. But today, I would tell them that they were going to be grandparents.

It felt like my heart was beating out of my chest when I walked down the stairs. I was still unsure about their reaction but I knew they were going to be disappointed because I had been so careless.

My parents were in the living room and I heard some random show playing on TV. I slowly walked in a sat down on the armchair so I could face my parents. Both of them looked up when they heard me sitting down.

"Hey Mark, how was your day?" My mother asked with a warm smile which I returned lightly. "It was good." I said quietly and looked down. "Mom, Dad, I have to tell you something." I continued.

My father turned the TV off and looked at me. He seemed to notice that it was something important. I waited until both of them were facing me and looked at them with fear in my eyes.

"Well, at first you need to know that I'm very sorry. I've never wanted this to happen." I started and gulped when I felt a lump in my throat. My mom looked at me, worried about what I was going to tell them.

"I'm pregnant." I didn't dare to look up to see my parents' reaction. They had to be so disappointed and I couldn't even be angry at them. In the beginning, I had been a bit disappointed in myself, too.

My mother was the first one to speak. "How did that happen?" She asked softly, not wanting me to be afraid. I brushed some tears away and decided that I would tell them what had happened.

"It was a party in the summer holidays and I was drunk. There was that guy from my school and we just..." I stopped because I was sure they knew what must have happened between us.

"So you're telling us that you're pregnant with 17 from a one night stand because you were drunk?" My father repeated the facts I had told them. I nodded in reply, afraid to look at him.

I could hear that he was angry and very disappointed. Our family had a great reputation in town and my father had also always been very proud of our perfect image which got a big scratch now.

"I'm sorry dad. I really didn't plan this. It just happened." I tried to explain myself although that didn't make anything better because I actually didn't even have a good explanation.

I looked up and saw my father's disappointed eyes. "And what are you going to do? You know that your decision will also have consequences for our family." He said, making me unsure in what to say.

I didn't want to ruin our image but I had already made my decision a long time ago. "I'm going to keep the baby." I said with a firm voice, looking right into his eyes to show him that I was sure about it.

"So this is your final decision?" The older man asked me with slight anger in his voice and I nodded although I knew that he might threw me out now. "Absolutely. I want to have this baby." I placed a hand on my belly.

My parents looked at each other before my dad faced me again. He looked angry. "You know that this is not acceptable." He began but my mother stopped him. "Raymond please." She said.

My father sighed. "We will talk about this later. Go to your room for now." He said. I quickly left the living room and let the tears finally run down my cheeks. I didn't want to do this to them. But I didn't want to lose my baby either.

I wouldn't go upstairs now. I just wanted out of here. They would talk and most likely even fight which I felt very guilty for. I grabbed my phone and put on my shoes before I opened the door.

A male figure stood in front of me and big brown eyes met mine. It was Jackson who was obviously about to ring and stared at me in suprise. Why did he have to come now? My day was bad enough.

"Hi... my key is in my jacket and you still have so I came here to get it. I'm sorry if I'm coming in a bad mome..." He didn't have time to finish his sentence because I threw myself in his arms.

I didn't care who he was and that he was some kind of reason why I was in this situation. I needed comfort now. He seemed to be a bit overwhelmed but slung his arms around my body while I buried my face in his shoulder.

Ahhhhhh the good old drama.

This is actually pretty much cliché but some mainstream scenes are always good.

It's like 2.30 a.m. right now and I'm about to go to bed and thought it wouldn't hurt to post another chapter before sleeping.

So here you go and good night

Thank you for reading 🖤