[71]

Mark:

"Call me if you want me to pick you up." Jinyoung said. His car was standing in front of a small cafe were I would meet the guys and their son. My best friend had brought me here because he had to work anyway.

He had a part-time job as a tutor for elementary school children and his workplace was only five minutes away from the cafe where I had the meeting today which made me a bit nervous.

"I will. Thank you." I got out of the car and walked into the small cafe. It was nearly empty and I quickly found a table near the window. I sat down on one of the white wood chairs. A waitress came over to me.

She had short brown hair, big brown eyes and was most likely in her late twenties. "Can I get you something?" She asked me with a friendly smile. "A cherry tea please." I told her. She nodded and walked away.

I looked down at my hands and nibbled on my lower lip. Hopefully, they would be nice to me. I would definitely try my best to leave a good impression although I knew they wouldn't judge me.

They came to give me advice and tell me that I didn't have to be scared. And maybe they could tell and show me how it was to have a little family although our situation wasn't completely the same.

The waitress came over and placed my tea on the table. I thanked her politely when I felt something pulling on the fabric of my sweatpants. I looked down in confusion and saw a small boy standing next to the table.

He had black hair on his little head, small brown eyes and a stuffed panda in his arms. "Hey there little man." I smiled softly and looked around through the cafe hoping to find the little boy's parents.

The small boy gave me a grin and said something that sounded like "Hello". I chuckled a bit and flinched slightly when I someone nearly ran over to us. "Jiang! There you are." The black-haired male picked the boy up.

The toddler only giggled and leaned his head against the boy's shoulder who looked at me and started to smile. "You're Mark, right?" He asked me. I answered the question with a nod. "Yes, I am."

He sat down on the other chair and placed the little boy on his lap. "I'm Zitao. And the little guy here is Jiang." He introduced himself and his son. "Kris is parking the car. He'll come soon." He told me.

The two boys who my doctor had talked about were Wu Yifan who went by Kris and Huang Zitao. Kris had also been the one who had helped me when Minji had threatened to hurt my baby.

During that time I had wondered why he had helped me although the other people had judged me. Now it all made sense. It even made sense that Kris had left the swimming team about two years ago.

"So, may I ask how far you are?" The older male asked me. "I'm in the eighth month." I told him. He smiled and nodded. "You're giving birth soon. Are you excited?" He looked down at his son.

"I am. But I'm also extremely nervous. Everything is so new." I answered him honestly and smiled a bit. Tao nodded in agreement. "It is. But don't be scared. It's easier than you think now." He placed his hand on mine.

He squeezed my hand before he glanced down on my belly. "Boy or girl?" He asked me smiling and gave his son a small kiss on his head. "A girl." I carefully stroked my belly. Tao wanted to answer but got interrupted.

"I'm sorry that it took me so long." Kris walked over to our table and pressed a short kiss on his boyfriend's cheek. "Daddy!" Jiang held his arms out and his father immediately picked him up and smiled at him.

I had never expected that Kris Wu was able to look so happy. The eldest of us sat down holding his son. Tao smiled at them before he looked back to me. "So a girl. Does she already have a name?" He asked me.

"Not yet. But she'll definitely get an English name." I told them smiling softly. My daughter kicked me a bit and I kept on stroking my belly. Only some weeks more and she would lay in my arms.

I couldn't wait for this moment to come but I also feared the time that would follow after her birth and the time in hospital where the nurses would help me. I would have to take care of her without any help of someone who knew it better than me.

"How do you manage all this? School, raising him, earning money for the things he needs. I can't imagine to do all this alone. It's nearly impossible." I told him. Tao gave me a small smile and Kris just chuckled.

"I have Kris who helps me. When I told him about my pregnancy, he left the swimming team and got a part-time job to support me and our baby. We moved into a small apartment to raise him together." He explained.

I was surprised. Kris had given up swimming immediately to be there for his boyfriend and baby while Jackson struggled to choose. I wondered what made them so different.

"Why did you give swimming up?" I asked the blonde-haired male who looked up to me. "I did it to help Tao. I wanted to support him in every way. Physically, mentally and financially. I had to choose my priority."

He pressed a kiss on his son's cheek and I could clearly see that his child was the priority he had chosen and he definitely didn't regret it. Would Jackson be like this too? Maybe, maybe not.

"You have a lot of support. You have all your friends who do so much for you and a certain someone who looks at you like you are his world. So believe me, you're never alone." Tao told me smiling.

He was right. I had Jinyoung, Jackson, Namjoon, Youngjae, Seokjin and even Jaebum who offered me their support whenever they could and who wouldn't leave me when my child was born which would be soon.

I looked up to the Chinese male. "How is giving birth?" I asked him and hoped it would help myself to make a decision. "Mostly easy. A c-section doesn't take long." He told me and looked at Jiang for a moment.

"Did it hurt?" I was a bit nervous because of the answer. Of course, I knew that I wouldn't feel anything during the actual surgery but I feared that I would be in pain before or after giving birth.

"I would like to say no but that would be a lie. The contractions can be pretty painful but you usually don't have to endure them long." He answered me and I was very thankful that he was honest instead of acting like it was nothing.

"The surgery went well but the weeks after were hard. The scar hurt a lot and his body needed a lot of energy to recover. He was so strong. I was so endlessly proud of him." Kris told me.

Tao and him looked at each other for moment with smiles on their lips before the younger of them seemed to notice that I was still there. "You see, a birth is exhausting for both parents." He chuckled a bit.

The fact that Kris had been with Tao the whole time made me wonder if Jackson would do the same for me. Would he also sit with me and be proud in the end? Would we greet our baby girl together?

Kris and Jackson definitely were different persons and I shouldn't compare them. That wasn't even necessary. Jackson would definitely give his best to become a great father and I knew that he would succeed.

Thank you for reading