Mystery Man

One Week Later
*Tyler's POV*

"Don't be out too long! We're having dinner at my parents house." Ashley calls, as we walk out the door.

"We'll be back no later then four." I say. Today I'm taking Everleigh to the park for a daddy daughter day while Ashley has some time to herself to memorize lines, do laundry, and maybe even take a nap.

"Wet's go daddy!" Everleigh says, skipping to my car.

"Ok monkey I'm coming!" I say, and pick up my pace. I help Ev get into her seat and buckle her up. Then I give her a kiss and slam the door.

"Ready for our daddy daughter day?" I ask, looking back at Everleigh who nods excitedly.

"Ok then let's go!" I say, backing the car out of the driveway. On the way there, Everleigh and I jam out to Disney songs. Its her favorite genre of music, and I have to say it's becoming mine too.

"Daddy," Everleigh calls above the music.

"Yeah babe?" I ask, looking at her in the rear view window.

"I'm hungwy." she says, rubbing her tummy. "Do you have any snacks?"

"I'm hungry too." How about we stop at Mc.Donalds on the way." I suggest.

"Ok! Daddy, can I get a happy meal and orange dwink?" Everleigh asks politely.

"You can get whatever you want." I say, patting her knee. So sure enough, Everleigh got chicken nuggets, fries, apple slices, and her orange drink.

"Sank you daddy!" Everleigh says, taking a big sip of her orange drink. God, I love when she calls me that. Daddy, daddy, daddy, it's music to my ears.

"You're welcome monkey." I say. "Next stop, the park!"

"Yay!" She says excitedly. A few minutes later, we pull into the park. Everleigh leaps out of the car the second I let her out.

"Daddy I want to go on the slide!" Everleigh says, running over to it. She climbs to the very top and sits down.

"Catch me daddy, catch me!" She cries.

"Ok!" I say, running to the end of the slide.

"Wheee!" Everleigh says, laughing while she slides down. I catch her at the bottom and swing her into the air. Everleigh squeals excitedly.

"Do it again, do it again!" she chants. I set her down and she races to the top again.

"catch me again, daddy!" she says, and slides down. I scoop her up and swing her around, this time adding a kiss at the end. We do this over and over again about a thousand more times before moving on to something else.

"Daddy, can you push me on the swing now?" Everleigh asks politely.

"I don't know, can I?" I joke.

"Yes you can!" Everleigh says, missing the joke.

"Alright, alright I'm coming." I say. Everleigh hops up on the swing and waits there patiently for me to push her.

"Underdog, underdog!" Everleigh cries joyously.

"Ok ready, one, two, threee" I say, running underneath her.

"Yayyy!" she squeals excitedly. "This is fun daddy!"

"Look how high you are!" I say, watching her soar into the sky. "You're going to fly right up with the birds!"

Suddenly, an uneasy look crosses Everleigh's face.

"Daddyyy." she cries, holding on tight. "I want to get off." I start helping her slow down when her hand slips off the chain and she loses her balance. She topples to the ground before I can catch her.