Guilty Love

Two weeks later
*Ashley's POV*

Today Ryan is taking Everleigh on a special outing for just the two of them. Ryan and I both agreed that he and Everleigh need to have some quality father, daughter bonding to make up for lost time. If Ryan really wants to become Everleigh's father, it's time for him to prove it.

"Mommy, when is my daddy going to get here?" Everleigh asks sweetly. I glance at the clock.

"Not for another hour or so baby, I'm sorry." I say. Everleigh frowns.

"Ah, darn it! I want him to be here right now!"

"I know stinker, it's hard to wait." I say chuckling. "Let's do something to pass the time ok?"

"Ok!" Everleigh agrees. "Like what?"

I think for a second.

"Ooh, I know! Let's do watercolor!" I say, snapping my fingers.

"Ok!" Ev says nodding in agreement. Watercolor was one of my absolute favorite things to do as a kid, and it's not often that I get to do it with Ev.

Soon Everleigh and I are seated beside each other at the counter, with pieces of blank paper and watercolor pallets in front of us.

"Should we get started?" I ask, picking up a paintbrush. Everleigh nods and does the same. I had forgotten how much fun it was to paint, as I dip my brush into the water, swirl it around on the water color pallet, and watch the color appear on my page.

"Wow Evers, that looks great!" I say, motioning to Everleigh's paper which consists of random colored brush strokes in no particular order.

"Sank you mommy, I'm making it for my daddy! See, this is you," she says pointing to a blob of red. "And this is me." She says pointing to a splash of pink. "And that's Wyan!" She says, pointing to a blue portion of her paper.

"That looks great! Ryan is gonna love it!" I exclaim. Everleigh smiles proudly. Just then a knock comes from the foyer.

"Speaking of Ryan," I say, setting my brush down. "I think he's here now!"

"Yay!" Everleigh squeals, darting to the front door. By the time I reach the foyer, Ryan is already inside, giving Ev a huge hug.

"You ready to go?" He asks. Everleigh nods.

"Awesome! We're going to have the most awesomest day you've ever had!" Ryan says, giving Everleigh an extra tight squeeze.

"Bring her home alive and in one piece please." I joke. Ryan laughs.

"Oh don't worry Ashley, I'll bring this little princess home to her mommy safe and sound.

"Good." I say smiling. "Have fun!"

"We will. Bye mommy, I love you lots and lots!" Everleigh says, blowing kisses and waving as she walks out the door. Once they leave, I make my way back into the kitchen to clean up the water color paints. Just as I do, a text comes in from Tyler.