The Greatest Super Power Of All

The next day
*Ashley's POV*

Tyler, Ryan, and my parents stayed with me all night at the hospital. It felt good to have their company. It made me feel safe and content. My parents lay asleep on the couch in the corner of the room, while Tyler and Ryan play video games together on their phones.

Tyler and I haven't taken our eyes off each other all night, and I know Ryan can sense something between us. It's hard for me, it really is. Ryan was my first real love! He was there for me the longest and he's the father of the most precious little girl in the entire universe. Even though we went through a really rough patch, I've realized that I still love him, and as much as I wanted to shut him out, we still belong together. Ryan completes us. He's the missing piece to our family puzzle and when we're together, it just feels right.

But Tyler, he's the most loving, loyal, honorable person I know. He treats Ev and I with such royalty that the queen herself is jealous! When I'm around him, I feel this unexplainable joy that makes me want to skip and dance around like a five year old. Everleigh feels the same. I can tell by the way she carries herself and her facial expressions when she's with him. Although he's not biologically her father, he treats her as though she's his and only his, which makes her feel like the most special girl in the world. I can easily say the same myself. Tyler goes above and beyond just to crack a smile from us. He always puts us first in everything, and constantly reminds us how much we mean to him. They're both amazing guys, so why is it so hard for me to choose?

"Another jello cup, my love?" Ryan asks, standing from his chair. I shake my head.

"I could really go for pudding this time."

"Chocolate, vanilla, or butterscotch?" Tyler asks, staring at the contents in the mini fridge.

"Butterscotch please." I decide, suddenly craving the sweet treat. Tyler places it on the plastic tray attached to my bed, and kisses my temple as he does.

"I'm so glad you two have worked things out." Ryan says smiling. I've really missed talking with you buddy." He pats Tyler on the shoulder. Tyler beams.

"Me too. I've missed you all so much." The sparkle in his eye that was gone for so long, has returned and is more apparent than ever. How on earth did I get so lucky to have two amazing men in my life. Now the hard part is to choose one. How can I ever decide?

***
As soon as I hear the door click, I immediately become overwhelmed with anticipation. I know my little girl is going to walk through that door and although it's only been a day, I've missed her so much.

"Mommy!" She shouts, her face lighting up when she sees me. I smile as wide as I can, and open my arms eagerly waiting for her to leap into them.

"Ever, I've missed you so much!" I say, hugging my baby girl close to my chest and smothering her with kisses.

"I missed you too mommy." She says, throwing her little arms around my neck. When she pulls away I suddenly notice the paint covering her face.

"What's that?" I ask, grazing her cheek with my hand. Everleigh smiles.

"Twoian taked me to pwetend city today!"

"I sure did!" Troian says, entering the room. "How are you Ash? I've been so worried!" She says, embracing me in a hug.

"I'm ok. The doctor thinks I have a concussion and a broken rib but I should be ok." I reply.