Not Cut Out For Love

Three days later
*Ashley's POV*

It's been three days since Tyler and I broke up, and I'm still not ok. Fighting with him is one thing, but this is different. This time I really messed up. Unfortunately today is the day I have to go back to work, which means that Tyler goes back to work too.

Unlike me, Everleigh is overjoyed to finally be returning to set. I think it's safe to say the filming studio is her favorite place on earth.

We pull into the lot of Warner Bros Studio, and Everleigh shifts in her seat.

"Calm down you little jumping bean." I say, tossling her hair and kissing her cheek. Everleigh hops out of her seat and onto the road.

"Ah, it feels good to be back." Everleigh announces dramatically. I chuckle.

"Ok miss dramatic, let's go inside." I take Everleigh's hand in mine and lead her inside. For some reason the homey feel of the studio isn't lifting my spirits like I thought it would. Instead, it's making me feel sick to my stomach. I hastily make my way to my dressing room, Everleigh following at my side. As soon as we arrive at the door of my dressing room, I fumble around in my purse for the key. When I finally find it, I look up to find Tyler standing in front of his dressing room too. The two of us stare at eachother for a moment or two, before a look of hurt flashes across Tyler's face, and he disappears into his room without a word. I stand there for a moment or two, before Everleigh urges me to come inside. I follow her inside, a sudden wave of reality washing over me. Part of me wished so badly that I would come to work today and everything would be back to normal as if nothing ever happened, but I see now that wishful thinking is a waste of time.

"Mommy, why didn't we say hi to Wucy, Ian, Tyler, Shay, Sashy, Keegan and all them?" Everleigh asks as I throw my keys and purse down on a little glass table. Normally as soon as we get here, we meet in the meeting room to visit and greet everyone, but today we didn't, for obvious reasons.

"We will later, ok?" I answer bitterly, still feeling upset about what happened in the hall.

"But we saw Tyler. Why didn't he say hi?" She asks, furrowing her brow.

"Because Everleigh!" I say, letting out a begrudging sigh. Everleigh looks taken aback. I quickly realize what I've done and calmed my voice. "Because we didn't have time." I lie. "Can we just drop it? Please?"

"Yes mommy." Everleigh says, hanging her head. I collapse into the sofa and sigh loudly, hoping it will lift this burden off my chest. Unsurprisingly enough, it doesn't. Just then a knock comes from the door.

"Ooh!" Everleigh bounces up from the couch. "Maybe that's Tyler!" She says excitedly. I shake my head.

"It's not Ev." I reassure her, but it's too late. She's already made her way over to the door and opened it. A look of disappointment crossing over her face when she stares at the red headed girl with a clip board and headset.

"Mommy, someone's here! And it's not Tyler." she adds disapprovingly.

"Ashley Benson?" The girl says, stepping inside the dressing room. "I've come to inform you that Marlene wants you on set in ten minutes."

"Ok thank you." I say.

"No problem!" The girl hands me a pile of clothes which I'm assuming are the clothes Marlene wants me to wear for Hanna, and leaves, closing the door behind her.

I quickly strip down to nothing and slip into the clothes I was given. Everleigh sits cross legged on the floor scribbling away silently.

"What are you making Ev?" I ask, examining myself in the mirror.