Double Daddy Duties

One Week Later
*Ashley's POV*

"So Ashley, over all how did this year go for you?" The reporter asks.

"Well, I would definitely say that this year has been one of the best so far." I say, while holding Everleigh on my lap.

"And Tyler how would you say this year has gone?" The reporter asks again. Tyler grins from his chair beside mine.

"I agree with Ashley. This has been an amazing year for us, especially because of our relationship. Wouldn't you say, babe?"

"Oh yeah. I think for sure that played a huge part in why this year was so amazing for us." I nod, staring into Tyler's eyes that hold that familiar sparkle.

"And how about you little Everleigh? Did you have a good year?" The reporter holds the microphone out to Everleigh.

"Uh huh!" She says nodding. A few awes and giggles arise from the audience.

"What do you think of your mommy and Tyler? Do you like them together?"

"Yes! I love my daddy and my mommy! And I love my uder daddy Wyan." Everleigh flashes her goofy toothy smile.

"That's great! I'm so glad this year has been a good one." The reporter smiles. "Now can we get a Happy New Year kiss from you two?" She looks from me to Tyelr with a hopeful expression. Tyler and I chuckle and lock lips. Cheers and clapping fills the room as the audience participates. Tyler and I continue to kiss as the roaring crowd becomes louder.

"Well there you have it folks. Ashley and Tyler are still together, and hopefully will be for this next year, and many years to come. Tune in next week to, Outside The Box, and have a Happy New Year everyone!" The red light on the video camera stops blinking, signifying the end of the segment. Tyler, Everleigh and I wave to the live audience who are still applauding, and walk hand and hand off of the platform.

"Well that was fun!" Tyler says, collapsing onto the couch in the dressing room.

"Yeah it was!" I agree, discarding my bomber jacket. You'd never guess how hot interviews are until you're apart of one. The constant lights beating down on you and the pressure of everyone watching you is enough to make you burst up in flames!

"Mommy I want to have a party now!" Everleigh says, tugging on my pencil skirt.

"I know you do, but it's not time yet!" I remind her, much to her disappointment. Tyler notices and lifts her into his lap.

"Hey, cheer up monkey. We're gonna go get the ice cream we promised you." He says, poking her in the ribs. Everleigh shrieks with laughter.

"Daddy stop!" She says, toppled over with laughter.

"Not unless you promise to stay my happy girl!" Tyler replies, tickling her even more.

"Ok, ok daddy, I will, I will!" Everleigh agrees.

"Alright you two, enough with the goofing off. We have lots to do for tonight." I say, slinging my purse over my shoulder.

"You heard your mommy, let's get going, chop, chop." Tyler says, making little alligators with his hands.

***
"No mommy, I can do it by myself!" Everleigh says, refusing to let me dress her in her deep violet party dress.

"Okay Ev, but at least let me help you with your tights." I bargain. Everleigh sighs reluctantly.

"Ok mommy." She finally agrees. After she's all dressed, she immediately skips downstairs to the kitchen to show Tyler how she dressed herself.

"That's a good girl. You deserve a piece of fudge for that." Tyler says popping a piece of homemade fudge in her mouth.