Man of Our Dreams

Four days later
*Ashley's POV*

"Can you pwease tell me!" Everleigh begs, clinging onto Tyler's leg. Tyler chuckles.

"No! It's a surprise, monkey!"

"But daddy, I wanna know!" Everleigh begs. Tyler shakes his head, smiling slightly as he does. I love when Ever calls him 'daddy'. I've missed it so much.

"I can't tell you! It would ruin the surprise! And being surprised is the funnest part!" Tyler replies. He looks at me and the two of us exchange a secret smile. Today, Tyler and I decided to take Everleigh to the happiest place on earth, Disneyland. I've been wanting to take Ev back for a long time, and I can't think of a better time to do it than now. Even though it's nearly the end of November, it's still in the seventies in LA, perfect weather for Disneyland.

"Ok, are you ready to go?" I ask Everleigh, who is already about to walk out the door.

"Yeah!" She replies, darting out the back door and into the garage.

"I hope she likes the surprise." Tyler says once Everleigh is out of ear shot.

"Oh please, Disneyland is Everleigh's favorite place ever! Of course she will! She'll love it!" I reply, kissing Tyler excitedly.

"I can't believe she didn't figure it out by our outfits." Tyler chuckles and motiones to our matching shirts.

"She's only three, Ty! Three year olds aren't very observant. They don't quite know how to put the pieces together yet." I reply with a laugh.

Tyler ordered all three of us matching Mickey and Minnie shirts. Mickey for him, and Minnie for Ev and I. He also bought us all mouse ears, but we are waiting to hand them out until we get there, because that would be a dead giveaway.

"Yeah I guess you're right." Tyler smiles, drapes his arm around me, and leans in for a kiss.

"Mommy, daddy, I'm weady for my supwise!" Everleigh calls from the car. Tyler and I pull away, our noses still touching.

"Oh, I guess that's our queue." Tyler says laughing lightly.

***

"Are we there yet?" Everleigh asks. I chuckle.

"Almost!"

Disneyland is only about a half hour away from where we live, but to a three year that's a long time to wait! Especially since she still has no clue where we're going.  Just then, Falling Slowly starts playing on the radio.

"Babe, it's our song!" I squeal. Tyler turns the volume up and the lyrics to Falling Slowly fills the car. Tyler reaches for my hand which I eagerly take and laces his fingers through mine. As the song continues to play, I realize how much I love the man who is singing his heart out to a song that means much more than a song to us. Everleigh sings along too, well, the parts she knows. The rest she hums. If this isn't an example of true love, I don't know what is.

As the song comes to an end, the sign for Disneyland comes into view, causing Everleigh's heart to skip a beat. She gasps loudly, her little arms and legs flailing all around as we pull up to the gate that's shaped like Mickey Mouse.