The Other Daughter

Three weeks later
*Ashley's POV*

Today is going to be one of the strangest days of my life. Ryan invited us over for lunch so that we can meet his ex girlfriend Corrine, and his other daughter Camille. As much as I am happy that Ryan was able to make amends with them, I can't help feeling a pang of jealousy that now Ryan will have to split between Everleigh and Camille. Although I have Tyler who shows more in a husband and a father than I could have ever asked for, it's difficult for me to imagine Ev not being the number one priority in Ryan's life anymore. I know I probably sound like the most jealous mom on the planet, but I just don't want my daughter to get hurt again. With all of these thoughts rolling through my mind, it's difficult for me to focus on what our wedding planner is trying to say.

"So have you decided between the yellow or pink flowers for the table centerpiece?" She asks, while scribbling on her clipboard. I give her a blank stare so thankfully, Tyler comes to my rescue.

"Yes actually we have. We've decided that we can only get married once, so why not have both." Tyler shrugs, and bounces Adley on his lap.

"That's an excellent idea!" Our wedding planner, Chantelle exclaims.

"Mommy, can I have a juice box?" Everleigh interrupts, before Chantelle has a chance to voice her next idea.

"Yes Ev, that's fine. Then go back upstairs and watch cartoons." I reply, shooing her away and shifting Ainsley's position on my lap.

"I was thinking instead of doing a traditional wedding cake, maybe we would spice it up with some real plants and succulents to match the theme of the wedding and give it that nice vintage fairytale vibe we are going for." Chantelle suggests. I nod and look to Tyler who is also in agreement.

"Excellent!" Chantelle exclaims. "I will notify the cake company right away. I just got confirmation that the cakes themselves are ready, and they just need to decorate them now."

Listening to Chantelle talk about how much is already prepared for our wedding makes my heart leap. I felt like Tyler and I's wedding day would never come because we both agreed to get married the summer after the twins were born, and the fact that that day is arriving in less than two weeks seems so surreal. I would have married Tyler the second he proposed had we not had to think about all the preparations that go into planning a wedding.

"I happened to pop in to the photography studio to take a look at your wedding pictures and oh my heavens they are just precious. I was given permission to show you a sneak peek of you guys are interested." Chantelle says. Tyler and I nod eagerly.

Chantelle holds up a split canvas with a beautiful  photos of the twins. It brings literal tears to my eyes. Seeing one of our most genuine happy moments captured on camera makes me overwhelmed with love.