29th Chapter: O sýndesmos pou leípei

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail, or any of its characters. Fairy Tail is the property of Hiro Mashima. There is no financial gain made from this nor will any be sought. The following story is for entertainment purposes only.

29th Chapter: O sýndesmos pou leípei

The three without the gift of a heightened sense of smell assumed their respective places on the edge of the concrete porch. Natsu continued banging on the door most unmercifully, the night-time intrusive noise proving more annoying, and Lucy was actually quite surprised to find no one willing to cease the uproar.

Persistent in his attempt, he began shouting through the keyhole for someone, anyone. The respectful consideration that maybe the residents were sleeping so soundly, simply existed, dancing further away in the background of his mind. He didn't give any sign of stopping soon, seeing as he only pounded louder.

Lucy breathed out all tiredness. "Can't we just come back tomorrow? 'Cause it looks like everyone's asleep." she yawned, using her summoned celestial spirit as a pillow.

"Yeah, and even if the scent's there, the bearer's obviously absent." Gray sat with his arms folded on his knees, and his bent head rested on his folded arms. "I think your burnt raisin for a brain also affected your sight. No one's inside."

On the opposite side of the two young wizards, Gildarts was leaning against the wall structure and had his arms crossed, sneaking peeks through the thin glass windows. Even if he had a clear picture of a vacant building, there should be at least one member who stayed behind, stayed to watch over the guild. Drumming his fingers, he waited.

It still surprised and amazed the pro wizard how much energy and determination the dragonslayer possessed. The two young teammates came close to being knocked out, leaving Natsu as the only pumped-up kid. His fired-up actions required the existence of vast unknown sources of energy, and to Gildarts' startlement, he heard the creaking on copper hinges.

That kid will break the door.

Gildarts sighed. If those pretty boys don't react fast enough, they will have to worry about property damage.

The broken wood of the door was crumbling away as more and more force shoved itself inside, and before Gildarts could allay the flare-up, hurried footsteps echoed. Thank the gods the knocking finally stopped.

The locks unclicked and when the door opened wide, the guild master stood there wearing pink pajamas. Gildarts nudged the two awake and immediately they shot up like sprouts. He looked at the bald elder, caught the ogling eyes.

"Come on in, Fairy Tail," Bob stepped aside, smiling and eager, allowed the visitors to go inside. With an oblivious grin on his face, Natsu walked in, while Gray and Gildarts threw out disgusted smiles. Knowing she was in the clear, Lucy simply went with the flow.

"What brings you here?" The powerful master led them to a lounge area, a place Lucy remembered The Trimens took her and the ladies to. She accepted the cup of tea offered, delicately wrapping her hand around the china.

Natsu tried to answer but Gildarts covered for h im. Knowing that kid, he might say something stupid and make matters worse. He could be a bit tactless, sometimes. And for once, the stubbled male wanted a peacefully-relayed message. I don't want to be groped, please.

"We're tracking a certain scent down, and it lead to this place―" An involuntary shudder worked up Gildarts' back, as if fingers had trailed along his spine as the cross-dressed man puckered his lips pantomiming a kiss. "Is there any chance that anyone, a traveler, maybe, might have entered the guild and possibly joined?"