21- Real Love

I am. I'm protecting her!"

"From what?" Beyoncé bitterly laughed.

"From you." He said and Beyonce's whole form changed. Her confident level had completely shrunk. This was what she needed to hear. It was evident that whatever feelings she had for the man she married she needed to let them go.

The silence that filled the room was deadly. If he so much as breathed wrong she was going to snap. She could feel her pressure rising and she took a deep breath. She held eye contact with him as she push back from the table.

She was done pleading her case with him. She loved him and Claire but not enough to lose her dignity. She was sick of this shit.

She wasn't going to cry because she was too angry to even think about it. She blew her breath roughly and moved away from her chair.

She looked at Claire feeling sad for her. She was only a child who was merely caught into their game of tug of war. She went to her and kneeled down just a little so she was face to face with her.

Shawn watched Beyoncé and wanted to say something but the posture of her body clearly spoke don't fuck with me.

"Claire no matter what I love you and if you need me I'll always be there for you okay?" Claire didn't understand but she nodded her head in agreement before speaking.

"Okay," she replied and Bey sadly smiled.

"Can I have a hug?" Beyoncé asked before pulling her in. Claire place her face in the crook of Bey's neck. Claire hung on for what felt like a while.

Beyoncé reluctantly pulled away from her and said one last thing before leaving. It was something they said when Bey had to sneak and spend time with her.

"24," Beyoncé called out.

"7," Claire Sniffled.

"I'll love you always," they both said in unison. With that Beyoncé kissed her cheek and left the Kitchen.
_____

The Next Day

Beyoncé looked around making sure she had everything she needed. It was rare for her to just leave on the spot. It was what she needed though, a vacation.

She had called the board and Dr. Mills cleared her to travel. He also wrote Down a request to have Beyoncé go on early maternity leave. She was happy because she wanted some time to herself. Although, she wouldn't be going alone she still want this vacation to be stressless.

Pulling out her cell phone she dialed the one person she had intentions on spending her vacation with.

"Hello," a familiar voice answered.

"Nicki you ready?" Beyoncé asked in a whining tone. Nicki chuckled at her friend.

"Yes Bey I'm around the corner, so have your bags ready!"

"They are! Paula and John are waiting to help me."

"Okay good now waddle your ass down them steps and don't have me waiting on your ass."