Northern Lights (Part 3).

As the cruiser moved through space, you anxiously watched out the window until your eyes fell on the lights. It was the perfect time to see them.

       Rick pulled the cruiser closer, flying straight into the middle of the lights. All around the craft, colors danced, looking as though they were actually living, breathing, dancing. Your eyes widened as you took it all in, your jaw dropping. "No way," your voice was breathy, full of awe. "Can I?" You motioned to your window. Rick nodded and you lowered it, sticking your hand out and moving it through the bright streak of violet near you. You moved your fingers around, watching as the light danced around them.

       It was absolutely beautiful. In the distance, further away from the cruiser, bright stars twinkled in the backdrop, shining through the vast colors. It was amazing, better than anything you'd ever imagined. It was everything you ever dreamed of. All around, vibrant colors twisted, spiraling around one another and mixing to create more color. It was truly a wondrous sight to behold, and you couldn't believe you were here now, after everything that had happened in your life, everything that had happened today.

       You stuck your other hand out the window, twisting your body to move your fingers around. Your hands began to swirl around in the color as you waved them through the violet hue, watching the light dance behind and around your body. You weren't just witnessing the lights, you were interacting with them, touching them though there was nothing to feel, grabbing them though there was nothing to hold on to.

       "It's amazing." You pulled yourself back into your seat, staring all around you. It was a majestic sight, invigorating and revitalizing. You felt as though, in this moment, everything was right. There was nothing wrong in your life, nothing hurt. You were whole again, something about the hues that pieced your very being back together, sending it off with a kiss and watching over you. The colors were welcoming, inviting you to relax and live again, to forget and love.

       Your eyes continued moving along until they fell on Rick. He was looking out the windshield as well, looking every bit as content as you felt. His eyes moved along, following the colors as he turned his head slowly. You admired the view, watching the colors dance around him. They surrounded him, wrapped him in wondrous beauty. 

       His eyes slowly met yours, the blue every bit as warm, welcoming, and electrifying as it had been on the very first day you'd gazed into them. The feeling was nothing like when you'd first met the Rick of your dimension. This feeling was different, much more overwhelming. Something stirred within you and you smiled. Rick smiled back at you, that same crooked smile that made your breath hitch, stopped your heart, and made you feel whole again as you lost yourself in it. You couldn't help but give a small smile in return. You felt heat rise in your cheeks as you slowly peeled your eyes away and looked back out the windshield.  

       The two of you sat in silence, watching the colors move around for the longest time before you'd each had your fill. You yawned slightly, the view every bit as beautiful as it had been when you'd first arrived yet you were still exhausted. Rick slowly shifted gear, giving you a moment to take it all in and add it to your memory yet again before he began to soar off, the lights disappearing behind you. 

       "That was absolutely breathtaking." Your voice was soft as you quickly found yourselves back in the garage. You stepped out of the cruiser, slightly tired yet still filled with an indescribable, amazing, feeling. Rick walked around and made his way over to his desk, standing near it as he set a few things down. He turned around to face you, smiling softly after a moment. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." 

       "Are you kidding? That was the most wonderful thing I've ever experienced. That was absolutely, breath takingly inspiring. I can't even describe how I feel right now. That was just... amazing." Rick smiled wider, "It was amazing."