RIP Author.

The next morning was absolutely blissful when you'd opened your eyes and took in your surroundings. Your dreams had been filled with romantic scenes, playing out in front of the northern lights. It was peaceful, and you were every bit as relaxed as you could possibly be.

       Lifting your head, you turned back and saw that Rick was still asleep. You'd recently come to realize he liked to sleep in as much as he could before he'd run on minimal sleep for days at a time. That was one of the many things the two of you had in common.

       The air was particularly cool as you lay, body heat emanating from the sleeping man lying beneath you. Ever so carefully, you reached down and pulled the bunched up blanket over your sleeping forms, nuzzling closer to Rick as you laid back down. He gave a light, sleepy grunt before his head rolled to the other side and he mumbled something unintelligible. His hand pulled you tighter against him for a moment before it relaxed again, the opposite appendage relaxing on your shoulder. You smiled contentedly, pulling your hands from beneath your head and pressing them beneath Rick's back, essentially hugging his sleeping form as you smiled softly.

       When he'd made your dreams a reality last night, taking you to see the lights, something awoke within you. You had yet to identify the feeling, to put a name to it, but there was definitely something there. That something had stirred when you saw the hint of pain and longing in Rick's eyes as he stared down at you, smiling crookedly. You pressed yourself against him further as you remembered all you had done after those two had left you beaten and bruised. Rick hadn't taken any sufficient damage, probably just a few light punches, but you'd taken quite the beating.

       Your brows furrowed as your eyes pressed tightly closed, remembering all that had occurred before then. You remembered what Evil Rick, as Rick and Morty so intelligently put it, had said as he reminded you that you'd yet to win a fight against him. He was so set on killing you, and that was what had scared you the most. He'd never tried that hard to hurt you before, he'd only hold you there until you lost consciousness before he would take you up to his room and use your weakened senses to his advantage. He would never kill you then, too busy enjoying the fact that you loved him too much to leave.

       But he had tried last night. It never occurred to you before now, but Rick, the same Rick you were so peacefully lying with, had called your name in a moment of panic. You'd given him quite the start with that trick, falling limp and playing dead. That furthered your belief of the fact that he did care. There was almost no doubting it now. He was working his hardest to prove that to you.

       As you smiled at the fact that Rick really did care to an extent, you felt him stir beneath you. His arms moved slightly, having been pressed back against you once the blanket was over your forms, and he let out a soft grunt. You heard a light, airy chuckle before his hands moved up and down your back slowly, in a comforting manner. You kept your eyes shut for a moment, enjoying the tranquility of the moment, before you slowly pulled them open and looked up at Rick. 

       He was staring down at you, probably having been waiting for you to wake up. "The mad scientist in his natural habitat. Crikey, let's have a closer look." You chuckled before laying your head back down. "A very tranquil man when tired, but a crazy motherfucker when drunk, awake, and on an adventure with his most favorite smol bean." You kept your arms beneath him as you pressed your face back down onto his chest. You felt it shake with his laughs. "He seems to have found himself pinned by the needy snuggle bug, a ferocious creature set on laying there forever because it's too damn comfy." Rick continued to laugh, his chest still shaking as he did so. 

       You laughed with him, now, too, "Just woke up and I can already tell it's gonna be the kind of day where I just wanna lay in my bed and not do shiiiiit." Rick soon calmed down, the laughter subsiding as he pulled his arm off you and stretched it in the air above his head with the other. He laid his arms at his sides and you whined, lifting your head and raising one of your own momentarily to grab his wrist and drop his arm back around your waist. "I wasn't finiiished." Rick could only laugh again at the display his little Igor was putting on for him. "I'm a needy bitch, dun judge." You laid your head back down, "Since I don't get paid in cash," you cleared your throat for emphasis, "I'll accept snuggles. Seems fair. I get my happy ass whumped and then I get paid in 'get better' snuggles. There we go. Good idea me." You mentally high fived yourself as Rick hummed in agreement. "Yeah, sure, kid."