Birthday Wishes.

After finally getting the glitter off your body, having taken seven separate showers when you finally went to your own apartment last night, you walked around, wondering what you should wear. Beth had called and said she wanted you over there in an hour, to give you a birthday breakfast. Having showered every inch of yourself profusely seven times, you didn't even need to wonder if you needed a shower this morning.

       Fishing through your closet, you eventually found some plain black skinny jeans, enjoying the shape they gave your legs, and pulled a half-sleeve shirt over your head, plain white with black sleeves. "I should get some more exciting clothing," you sighed, slipping into your socks and shoes. You had fifteen minutes to get to breakfast before Beth murdered you for being late to your birthday breakfast. Running a hand through your hair, you smiled at the thought of Beth making you a birthday breakfast, simply because she wanted to. She was just like your own mother.

       Before you made your way out the door, you walked over to your desk and rummaged through the drawers. Ever since you were 19, you had a birthday tiara that you would wear. Slipping it over your head, you smiled at your reflection, the finger guns returning before you wandered out into the cool morning. You passed your landlord, whom you haven't seen in a while, and he wished you a happy birthday. You thanked him and walked out the door, deciding to walk to the Smith's. You had the perfect amount of time, though you might wind up running a little towards the end.

        You actually made it while walking, with barely 2 minutes to spare when you walked in the door. "What is up party people?" You smiled, slipping out of your shoes. Beth walked over and gave you a hug, "Happy birthday, (Y/N)!"

       "Outta the way, people, important person coming through." Summer pushed her mom away and pulled you into a hug, "24! You're twenty-freaking-four today!" She laughed, "Still going on wacky science adventures at 24. You're really a big kid, (Y/N)." You playfully shoved her when she let you go, "I'm not a big kid." You whined, "I'm just a kid. The only thing big about me is my-" Summer raised a hand and stopped you.

      "What? I was gonna say IQ!" Laughing, Summer walked into the living room. You followed, plopping down on the couch near her. Morty sat in the middle and Jerry was in his chair. "Happy birthday," they said in unison.

        "You're literally becoming the same person." Neither of them replied as you all watched morning cartoons together. A few minutes after, Beth called you all into the kitchen. She'd made what you would definitely call the perfect birthday breakfast. Rick wandered in, shutting the garage behind him before he took his seat next to you. "What's got you all happy? Thought you weren't a morning person," you teased. Rick was grinning when he walked in, now happily eating him breakfast.

       "I just finished your present up." Rick chuckled as he continued eating. "Great, now I'm anxious," you laughed. "As long as it's safe for kids like me." Summer laughed from across the table and you grinned. "I told you," you pointed your fork at her, "the only 'big' thing about me is my IQ." Summer laughed louder, shaking her head. "You're basically insulting yourself there."

       "I'm a kid, gotta play nice. You said it yourself, chica." You enjoyed the rest of breakfast, happily devouring the morning goodness. When you'd finished, Beth stood and took care of your plate for you. 

       "I can still do chores on my birthday," you whined. Beth smiled warmly, "Doesn't mean I'm going to let you." You folded your arms across your chest, "Never thought I'd have to fight to clean dishes before."

       "Come on, (Y/N). You don't wanna do dishes when you have presents to open!" Your eyes lit up as you followed Beth to the living room. "You guys didn't really, did you? You don't have to get me anything, we've been over this a million times!" You stood in the middle of the living room only to be pushed onto the couch by Beth and Summer. "Too late, we already did." Beth laughed, following Summer to another room. They both came back with little gift bags for you, placing them in front of you.

       You adjusted your tiara and sat straight, "As tempting as that is, I refuse to open those." Summer laughed, "There's something sparkly in there." 

       "I'm hooked. Which one?" Summer handed you the bag with a grin and you took it. "Hey, Rick! Look! It's your favorite!" Standing as far away from you as he could, Rick shook his head, "I will take it, and I will destroy it." He chuckled when you pouted.

       "Can't destroy glitter, glitter is too powerful." There were a total of six bottles of glitter, each terrifying Rick more than the last, before you found a TOP disc. "Aw, sweet!" You pulled Summer into a hug, reading the track names, "I appreciate that, Summer. Ten Q." You laughed, reaching for the other bag.

       "That one's from me," Beth smiled. You opened it up and removed tissue wrapping to find a new tiara. This one had blue gems in it and you smiled, removing the current one and placing the new tiara proudly on your head. "Call me Elsa, beyotch." Beth laughed, "Glad you enjoy it, (Y/N)."

        Slowly, once you'd put the other bags away, Morty moved closer to you and placed a bag in your lap. "That one's from me an-and d-dad." You smiled kindly at him and opened the little yellow bag to find a confetti gun and multiple reloads. "Ayy!" You left it in the bag momentarily, making Rick creep closer to see. As soon as he was close enough, you shot confetti above his head and watched it rain down on him. "Again with the confetti!" He grumbled, knocking it from his hair and into his brow again. Laughing, you stood and pulled the small flecks from his brow, "You deserved that one. You're being all suspicious and cranky over here."

       "Well, if you're done opening their gifts, you can come with me eugh to the garage to get mine." You set the confetti gun down as a peace offering and followed Rick to the garage. Beth stood and said she was going to get your cake ready while you were distracted. 

        Once you were in the garage, Rick walked over to his desk. "Alright, I didn't wrap eugh this one, so I guess just close your eyes and hold eugh out your hand. Whichever you prefer." You did as asked and held out your left hand, waiting patiently until you felt him slip something over your wrist. "Alright, go ahead."

       You opened your eyes to find a simple, black, metallic bracelet. "So what's it do?" You smiled at Rick. "Knew you'd figure that out." He rotated it and pressed a small button on the top. It projected your own personal Aurora Borealis, just like the cube did. In the center there was a hologram of the ship. Rick tapped it and an image blew up, growing in front of you. It was of you laughing with Rick, during one of your adventures before he left. "You said that one was your favorite." 

         You nodded, looking at the image. Rick was laughing, the sparkle in his eyes as he looked over at you. You were grinning cheekily, a sign that you'd told a particularly dirty joke. You smiled, rotating the bracelet and looking at the image from different angles. "It still is," you laughed. Rick pressed the button again, "Well there you go. You have your lights and your picture, wherever you go. Probably doesn't make up for eugh two missed birthdays, but you know.." He trailed off.

       You pulled him into a hug, "Thanks, boss." He chuckled and hugged back, resting his chin of the top of your head momentarily. "Happy birthday, (Y/N)." 

       "Alright, come on you two. You had your moment, let's go eat cake." Summer stood in the doorway, having apparently been there a while. "I'll send you some pictures later, (Y/N)," she giggled. "Let's go make a wish and eat some cake, for real. I want some already."

       You let go of Rick and laughed, "I do too. Haven't gotten some in a while." You giggled, "And I'm not talking about cake." Summer rolled her eyes and you followed her, Rick trailing behind you. 

       When you walked into the kitchen, you noticed Beth had turned the lights off and shut the blinds, trying to make it fairly dark for the candles to glow. "Aw yea." You danced up to your cake, watching Beth laugh at the display as you got funky. The cake was a representation of your unicorn pajamas and you laughed loudly, "That's the best!" 

       "Most profane cake I've ever baked, but it was fun." Beth smiled, "Glad you like it. Now, come on and blow out the candles before wax gets on the frosting." You gave a mock salute and puffed out your chest, "Yes, ma'am."

       I wish for the courage to tell him.