~3

{Your pov}

I let out a sigh of relief.

"We're here." He said as he pointed to the enormous building.

"Good." Was the only thing I said before sighing again.

"If we're there I'll lead you to the nearest bedroom, so you can sleep."

"That would be appreciated, thank you."

"No worries. It's kind of my job to go out and look for survivors, y'know. Lately we found a boy from around 20. He was pretty hurt. Luckily he wasn't infected."

"How's he doing now?"

"He's doing a lot better. He's still in a wheelchair, though. But things really seem to go very well."

"Good to hear."

The last few seconds were silent again. As we reached the building I got this headache. I always get headaches when I haven't had enough sleep.

Sean opened the gate and we walked inside. The building had really good defense, so zombies getting into here, would probably not even make it to the gate itself.

Sean led me into the building. Now I could finally examine him, from head to toe. What I saw in front of me, wasn't at all what I expected.

He had green hair. A slightly darker shade of green. I have to say, he could have it. He looked pretty good with it.

"You like what you see?" He jokingly said.

I noticed that I was staring at him. My fave turned into a tomato. "Sorry.. didn't mean to.."

"It's fine," he chuckled, "you don't see a guy with green hair every day."
I cracked a smile.

"I have to say, you don't look to bad yourself either."

I blushed, "thank you..!"

He chuckled, "here, let me check you for any injuries." He held out his hand for me to grab it. I hesitated before grabbing it.

He lead me to some weird white/grey room. I looked around in confusion.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Here we check every survivor for injuries. If they have injuries, that could mean that they will turn zombie. But that's not always the case. I mean, look at Ethan, he's doing perfectly fine!"

"Ethan?"

"Yeah, the guy I told you about before. The guy who's now in a wheelchair?"

"Oh, that guy. Sorry, I forgot."

"It's okay." He said as he grabbed some tools.

He examined me everywhere for injuries.  It didn't seem as though I had bad injuries that could lead to me transforming into a zombie. Which was a good thing.

"May I ask you, how old are you?" I asked as Sean was checking arms.

"Hm?"

"How old are you?"

"Oh, I'm 27. Why that question all of a sudden?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Just curious, I guess."

"Hm. How old are you?" He asked as he checked the other arm.

"I'm 15."

"Oh wow, that's pretty young. Tough one, ain't ya?"

I chuckled, "nah, I'm just trying my best I guess."

"Is your family... you know.."

"I don't know. I've never known them."

"I'm sorry." He went to check my eyes. 'Just in case.'

"Nah, its fine, don't worry."