~10

{your pov}

"What are you doing?!" I his.

"What?" He hisses back at me. He clearly doesn't get the fact that I'm staring at him like this because he's standing straight. He doesn't have his wheelchair.

"Where's your wheelchair?" I whisper scream.

"You wanted to know me, right?" His voice is back to normal.

I slightly nod, "yes. But what has that to do with you not being in a wheelchair?"

He sits on my bed and pats a spot next to him, signing me to sit next to him.
I do.

"Okay. But you have to promise me that no one else will know about this."

"That's impossible, " I say, turning my head to look at him, "I think that several people already know and besides, you can't expect me to make sure no one will know."

He doesn't get my point there.

"Never mind. I promise I won't tell anyone."

He sighs. "Okay. And yes, I get the fact that people already know. They don't like me here. I'm well aware of that."

"Why are you still here then?" I ask as there's knocking on the door. Luckily Ethan locked the door after he pulled me in. I look at Ethan and sign him to hide.

"My wheelchair!" He whisper screams.

I jank Ethan into the closet and fold the wheelchair so it fits under the bed. I throw in under there and then scoot over to the door. Unlocking it I realize I said that I was going to the restroom.

I open the door and Tyler stands there with a worried look on his face, with the slightest bit of confusion.

Neither of us says a thing. Until he breaks the ice.

"I ehh- thought you was going to use the restroom," he says.

"Uhm.. yeah- sorry. I wasn't feeling well at all and though I'd rest in bed for a bit."

Tyler looks behind be into my room. "But your bed doesn't look like someone slept in it," he says. I clearly am suspicious right now.

"Mhm. I was just going to bed. I used the restroom in my own room."

"Hm. Well, I hope you don't mind, but we're going to continue this game-night. So- I guess good night if I don't see you anymore this evening. You're always welcome to come down again," he says and then sniffs the air. Why would he sniff the air?

"I do wonder where Ethan is, though," he looks at me like he know I'm hiding something, "have you seen him?"

"Ehh- no. Sorry. I noticed he was gone too, but I don't know where he is."

"Hm." Tyler says before walking away.

I close the door and lock it again. I sigh and walk over to the closet.

"He's gone," I say as I knock on the door. I decide to leave the wheelchair under the bed.

I sit on the bed again and wait for Ethan to sit down as well.

When he does we continue talking.

"I'm staying here because there's something here that I need. I knew it was coming here, so I needed to get here too."

"What's that something?" I cock my head.

"I can't tell yet. It'll freak you out, probably. I want to focus on your particular question, if you don't mind."

"No. Go ahead."

"Okay, so- I have no clue where to start, but-"

"Wait," I cut him off, "this is about who you really are, right?"

He nods, but just continues, "I'm not what you think I am. I'm not human and I've never been."