~13

{your pov}

"You need me?!" I ask in disbelief as I'm sitting up from where I was laying. This can't be, right? Right. It is true. Wow.

"M-hm." He sighs. We sigh a lot this day.

"Why?" I ask. Why would he need me? I mean, me. A 15 year old plain girl. Weird.

"I'll tell you later. You'll freak out." His voice is steady.

Okay then. I'll change the topic.

"Do you know what they are?" Have I asked this before? I don't care. I have to know what's going on here. Seriously, as I said before, first you're running for your darn life and now this. Right.

He shrugs, "not really. But I think they are-" he swallows, "were."

"Were?" My voice is full of confusion, "like, werewolf and stuff?"

"M-hm. But I don't think they're all wolf."

"What are they then?" I lay back on my back and close my eyes.

He shrugs again. Man, lots of shrugging and sighing. "I have no idea."

"Hm." I open my eyes again. I just can't believe this is really happening right now. Like, I get it's real. But it's just- pixies? Weres? Man, that's a lot to take in when you're so young and even more when you're only here for a day.

"So, are you tired?" Ethan asks turning his head to look at me.

I look back, "m-hm. I can barely keep my eyes open."

He nods. Why does he nod? "You've been running for some days. I get that you are tired. Get some rest."

"You're staying here." I sit up again. He does too.

"No, I'll go out there. I'll face them."

"No. We'll keep you here. I'll say that you ran out. Well- rolled out, with your wheelchair."

"But they can smell I'm here. And besides, where were you going to keep my wheelchair?"

I shrug, "throw it out? Destroy it? And yes, they can smell you, but I'm that stupid innocent girl, they will believe me.

"Okay, then. But if something goes wrong, (y/n), I swear."